Cub Cadet Z-Force S 60. Commercial version or Residential version?

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force S 60. Commercial version or Residential version? #11  
Thanks for the input. I am going to start by changing the hydro fluid and filters and see if that helps.

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force S 60. Commercial version or Residential version? #12  
Thanks for the input. I am going to start by changing the hydro fluid and filters and see if that helps.

I have a zforce 50 2007 model with over 500 hours with the hg 2800 hydros, I change the oil and filter every 200 hours and use aftermarket filters and rotella 15-40w oil, operates the same now as it did when it was new, I pull a cyclone rake in the fall every year. I pull the filters off and let the oil drain overnight, l remove the top plug with hex end socket install new filters and start filling the oil tank until oil comes out and install the plugs. With the rear tires off the floor I start it up and move the levers back and forth, recheck the tank oil level several times. As far as the slop in the handles there is a gas shock for each handle that could be worn out, it acts like damper, just something to check.

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force S 60. Commercial version or Residential version? #13  
I have a zforce 50 2007 model with over 500 hours with the hg 2800 hydros, I change the oil and filter every 200 hours and use aftermarket filters and rotella 15-40w oil, operates the same now as it did when it was new, I pull a cyclone rake in the fall every year. I pull the filters off and let the oil drain overnight, l remove the top plug with hex end socket install new filters and start filling the oil tank until oil comes out and install the plugs. With the rear tires off the floor I start it up and move the levers back and forth, recheck the tank oil level several times. As far as the slop in the handles there is a gas shock for each handle that could be worn out, it acts like damper, just something to check.

Where do you get your aftermarket filters? Do you pull the hydro release rods with the tires off the ground and operate the handles back and forth and then do the same with the rods pushed back in? I did consider the shocks being a issue but i was unsure of how stiff they should be. I am going to stop by a local cub dealer and check them out on a new unit. Appreciate the helpful info.

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force S 60. Commercial version or Residential version? #14  
I ordered them online I think they were Stens I shopped for the lowest price. Yes I did pull the release rods same sequence that you described. Biggest thing is to be patient and take your time, this not like changing engine oil because any air entrained in the hydros has to migrate back to the oil reservoir so it is important to check that level frequently and don't fill it too full the oil will expand and overflow when hot. Hope this helps and good luck!

/ Cub Cadet Z-Force S 60. Commercial version or Residential version?
I guess I should have shopped a bit longer because these Stens filters mentioned are for ZT-2800 and ZT-3100 hydros, and are close to half the price of Hydro-Gear filters. Probably made by the same OEM too.

"Stens 120-738 PK2 Transmission Filters"

Amazon.com: Stens 12-738 PK2 Transmission Filters: Automotive

Last edited: