Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours

/ Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours #1  

YesDeere

Veteran Member
Tractor
04/4310
Well, after a bunch of setbacks I'm finally using my cub in the garden. Didn't even garden last year(babies will do that to you).

Just using a shovel in the center to open rows to hand seed. Can't wait to put the rest of the shovels on and use the side dresser!

Just excited and wanted to share some pics. Let's see em

I'll post more when I do more

Attachments

• image-3196186175.jpg
    image-3196186175.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 322
  • image-959464857.jpg
    image-959464857.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 254
   / Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours #2  
That little tractor will do a lot of work for you, if you use the implements designed for it. I can tell you already appreciate the physical labor it has saved you.

Your garden looks great..!! Keep the pics coming..!!

/ Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours #3  
They sure are a great little tractor. Unbeatable for small area cultivating to this day, in my opinion. Darn good on fuel, and completely un-obstructed view of the rows. If only our, almost constant heavy rains, would let up a bit here in upstate NY, so I could get out there with my own. I was able to get some good ditches in today (mostly with a shovel), so it shouldn't be long. I use that little Cub a lot, compared to most of my other tractors. If I have time, and can get a job done with 10 hp, why use more? Reluctantly, I converted it to 12 volts to run a demand sprayer. With that, I spray apple trees, and put down roundup while cultivating field-corn. The Cub works year-round, in the winter on our frequent snowstorms. It is surprising to me how well that 2 wheel drive tractor pushes snow, with a front blade and no chains. I do have new, loaded R1 tires on the back which make a big difference there. They push significantly better than the worn out, unloaded R1's with chains that I had on it prior. Except for the time last winter, when we had a big flood and there was a sheet of ice under the snow. The little Cub would not even move with the blade up then. I had to bring out my much larger, modern, 4 wheel drive, also with unchained, loaded R1 tires to get the job done. Much to my surprise, that one got the job done with little if any wheel spin.

/ Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours
Thanks guys. I can't believe how easy this makes gardening. Now it's tractoring. I just put the front shovels on this time. (6). I needed some more bolts to set up the rear. I plan to hook up the chains to the side dresser this weekend.

These pics were about 10 minutes of work, well driving.

Attachments

• image-4262873337.jpg
    image-4262873337.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 176
  • image-711790271.jpg
    image-711790271.jpg
    715.3 KB · Views: 237
  • image-2621820054.jpg
    image-2621820054.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 186
   / Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours #5  
Nice job..!!

Yep, definitely want the rear sweeps on. The first place you will notice new weed growth will be in those tire tracks... Catching them when they are that small is the trick. Plus, you're adding a tiny bit of N from the "green manure" of the decomposing weeds.

/ Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours #6  
Yes those little cubs can earn there keep. I weed my 1/2 acre garden in less then 10 minutes and am sitting on the porch with a cold one watching my wife fighting the weeds in her little garden by hand. Just got to love those little cubs. I use one without wheel weights for a little less compaction.

Kirk

/ Cub in the dirt finally!! Pics. Share yours
Easiest garden yet

Attachments

• image-2605535933.jpg
    image-2605535933.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 184
  • image-1376303050.jpg
    image-1376303050.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 158