Cucumber Beetles on my Pumpkin Plants

/ Cucumber Beetles on my Pumpkin Plants #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
This is the first time I have seen cucumber beetles in my pumpkin patch. Well they here and the war is on. I hope to spray as much of my patch as possible to control these little beetles. I'll will have to spray once a week until they are under control.

Attachments

• beetles.jpg
    beetles.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 390
   / Cucumber Beetles on my Pumpkin Plants #2  
Hey Luremaker, I am interested in hearing more about your pumpkin patch. I am considering getting about an acre of my property ready for planting a patch next year. I have two boys at home and thought of doing this as a means for them to learn a little more about work ethic and earn a little money for their efforts. Would love to hear about your patch, any experiences with it and any advice you have. (pics would be great too!)

/ Cucumber Beetles on my Pumpkin Plants #3  
I had those on mine, sprayed Sevin on them twice, about a week and a half apart and haven't seen them since.

/ Cucumber Beetles on my Pumpkin Plants #4  
Kern

Pumkins are easy to grow. I just plant 4-5 seads in a little mounds about 10 - 12 ft. apart. Thin down to one per vine to get bigger ones.

Remove all the pumpkins every year whether you want them or not. If you leave them to rot in the field you'll get a squash bug problem similar to the one posted - except squash bugs are whitish and uglier.

/ Cucumber Beetles on my Pumpkin Plants #5  
Luremaker - thanks for the photo... I have them too - 7 dust did the trick for me!

(this is a test to see how many people get all bunched up because I called it "seven" dust)

/ Cucumber Beetles on my Pumpkin Plants
Kernopelli said:
Hey Luremaker, I am interested in hearing more about your pumpkin patch. I am considering getting about an acre of my property ready for planting a patch next year. I have two boys at home and thought of doing this as a means for them to learn a little more about work ethic and earn a little money for their efforts. Would love to hear about your patch, any experiences with it and any advice you have. (pics would be great too!)

Hi Kernopelli, here is a link to how I started my patch from scratch last September. Right now I figure I have over 2000 little pumpkins. All around the size of softballs. I should end up with an average of 1 to 1 and a half pumpkins per plant and I have around 1900 plants. I sprayed sevin on the weekend now I hope it does the trick.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/102226-creating-1-acre-pumpkin-patch.html?