Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530?

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530? #2  
Thanks for the post. I have been thinking about buying a cultivator for my JD X500.

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530? #3  
Just curious why you wouldn't be using the 140? 140s are the best one row cultivating tractor that was ever made. I have 3 of them.

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530? #4  
Just curious why you wouldn't be using the 140? 140s are the best one row cultivating tractor that was ever made. I have 3 of them.
Apparently, you never cultivated with an Allis Chalmers G, I have a 140 and a G, the G wins, no contest.

SR

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530? #5  
You're correct. You win. I've never run a G. I've never seen a G. After looking at it I will stick with the offset 140s. As I said I've never seen one but that looks to be a wider tractor for a 2 row operation. If it won't plant on 4 foot rows that's an automatic out for me.

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530? #6  
As I said I've never seen one but that looks to be a wider tractor for a 2 row operation. If it won't plant on 4 foot rows that's an automatic out for me.
The G was intended for 1 row applications, but it's so adjustable it can be made for 2 row, and/or any spacing.

Every tool you can think of for small scale, was made for the G, but cultivating was/is it's forte. Once you've seen one with all its options, you will be amazed!

The 140 is a bigger/heavier tractor, over a G

SR

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530? #7  
The one I saw with a planter was a 2 row. I don't know if the G had a PTO but the 140 PTO was very useful. I run a rotary hoe on mine that works very well. I'm also a fan of the ease of use of the fast hitch and the speed that implements can be changed. It also has a really nice fertilizer distributor setup.

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530? #8  
A G can be adjusted for width and length. Yes, the 140 is a handy tractor, as I already said, I have one, BUT this was about "cultivating", and there's no better one row tractor for cultivating than an Allis Chalmers G.

/ Cultivating Sweet Corn With an X530?
I have, also the Cub, but my brother gave me the cultivators and I thought it would be fun to try out