Culvert Project

/ Culvert Project
Hey, Glenn!!!

I'm heading up to see my culverts for the first time since the big rain/snow we had out here. I'm anxious to see if the water found its way through the pipes and not some way around them. I might just take a picture or two, if it's at all interesting. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Which reminds me -- on 10/21 you said, "<font color=blue>I'll post pictures once I have them developed.[/b]".

Any chance that will happen soon? I would like very much to see how yours turned out. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Culvert Project #72  
Harv, my humble opinions here, from the school of hard knocks. You mentioned you had got "cold feet" when a manufacturer you heard of wasn't familiar to your dealer.

That is certainly not a sign of anything. Tractor dealers have arrangements with certain manufacturers and seem loathe to acknowledge the existance of anyone else. Some of the ones I've talked to don't seem to do much looking around to see what's out there. Some of the good manufacturers don't spend a lot of time marketing their stuff if they are doing OK as it is. The post was about the loader rakes. The company that builds them does that as kind of a new product they are historically a manufacturer of thumb kits and grapple buckets for bigger tractors and excavators.

And a well known company is CERTAINLY no guarantee of anything. Anybody heard of Woods? The dealer ordered a tooth bar to be installed on my tractor before purchase last year. They went round and round for 6 months or so, the dealer got so frustrated they finally gave me the money back on the bar and gave me the bar. I figured I might be able to return it for a "good one" to at least make up some of the loss of not having the tractor for an entire work season. The bar is warped like crazy from not using proper procedures when it was welded. (Also too short but that I could deal with) Woods response..."Take it to a Blacksmith Shop!" That's really nice. It would be easy to fix this if you had the jig they use to make it or just exchange it. It probably CAN'T be fixed without more money than it takes to get another one. But who do I get one from? It is the type that goes over a removable cutting edge. Shall I try Woods again? What is that saying? "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" The biggest horror stories I've ever been involved with are from Ford, Chevy and Yamaha.

Zeke the guy who welds in his garage always seems to get it right! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

del