Current Incentives?

/ Current Incentives? #11  
I have to agree... since you mention the Bobcat seems more "user friendly" to you than the Kubota, it seems that you might be leaning toward the Kubota only because of the 5% or so difference in the price - justified only by the incentive. Yes, the dealer's a longer distance away, but really, unless you're a commercial user, that shouldn't be a huge factor compared with day-to-day enjoyment of using the equipment. I'm not trying to poo-poo what may be upward of a $1500 discount, but simply reiterating CurlyDave's point, which seems to be not to be moved only by a discount. I'm sure the Bobcat dealer would meet you at least half-way if s/he knew they were going to lose a sale to a factory discount.

Mostly, I'm curious what you feel are the more "user friendly" features. I don't view this site as people debating, but rather, helping see different perspectives, so I'll offer this point of view. I recently purchased a Kubota B2920 over the comparable Deere model, after looking at everything else on the market (including Kioti, which had really, really attractive discounts and rebates). For me, it came down to the price. Now that I've had it for some time, there are certain things that I think really are better on the Deere and probably would have justified the $1500 or so in difference (i.e. electric PTO, position control and better foot positions for frequently changing between moving forward and back). I've made my choice and am sticking with it. But, you're not constrained by hindsight (at least not yet!). Hope you end up with the machine you want the most.

Finally - aren't many Bobcat models the same as Kioti? Have you checked out their incentives?

/ Current Incentives?
Mostly, I'm curious what you feel are the more "user friendly" features. I don't view this site as people debating, but rather, helping see different perspectives...

That's the easy part. Bobcat offers many features as standard that other makers offer as upgrades or not at all. I decided the CT235 was too small and will go with the CT335. Standard on the CT335 are a fully adjustable and thick as a Cadillac suspension seat. Kubota gives you a hard slab to sit on. BC offers standard tilt steering and cruise control. Tilt steering on a Kubota? Not. The first time I sat behind the wheel of a Kubota L, it struck me odd as to the steering wheel placement at such a flat (horizontal) angle. The BC has a joystick control just as their machinery (dozers, skids, etc) do and its placement is right where it belongs, at the users arm length. MUCH beefier frames (albiet making the machine heavier) with greater lifting capacities and a bunch more.

As yourself and others have said, incentive alone should not sway a decision. Bobcat is offering $3K on the CT335 which is double the Kubota incentive. Resale value is not a huge factor to me as if the tractor works as advertised, it will be in my barn for quite a long time. BUT the fact of the BC dealer being so far away and the Kubota dealer being just down the road still plays in my mind. So I am still thinking long and hard.

Finally - aren't many Bobcat models the same as Kioti? Have you checked out their incentives?
Yes, Kioti offers pretty much the same tractors, but a Kioti dealer is even further away. :laughing:

/ Current Incentives? #13  
The features or lack thereof mentioned quickly moved me from the L to Grand L, but of course they cost more. Kioti/Bobcat were not an option due to lack of dealers/support.

As mentioned by others, resale value can be important, but I wouldn't place it above everything else and may be pretty much non existent if you are going to stick with the same brand.

/ Current Incentives? #14  
I don't know about the loader discount but the $1000 back is if you don't take the 0% financing. In other words Kubota knows that they are going to have to wait for their money if you finance it and is willing to give you money off so they can get the bulk of it without a wait. Car dealers are always doing it.

Secondly it's rare for a company to lower the price of an item of this size. Nobody likes buying a car, tractor, etc. and then a newer better version comes out and it costs less. A way around that is to offer discounts or incentives to stay competitive when markets turn down.

I decided on Kubota because every dealer (all brands) near me were too expensive. I was able to order a Kubota for a large discount. The only Kioti dealership is the third one to pop up in the last three years. How long they are around for is anyone's guess. Deere was just priced too high, paint color shouldn't justify a higher price. NH dealers were the best around here. They were in business to move tractors. I did like the Kubota over the NH and when I found a lower price the decision was made. BC was never really a choice since the only dealer is very new compared to 5 NH dealers and 4 Kubota dealers.

I adapt so ergonomics means less for me. I almost prefer a different feeling between pieces of equipment. Nothing is exactly the same but if they are close I find it easier for me to get more into what I'm doing and less what I'm using leading to minor mistakes.

I know people like other brands and if they are happy then that's all that should matter. I'm sure I could have been happy with any brand. The differences really weren't that large and none was perfect.