Curses....Foiled Again.

/ Curses....Foiled Again. #31  
Foggy,

How did you get the step material to fit inside so well? Did you lay the grill on top of the material and mark it? How did you cut it? Torch?

Sometimes I use a regular circular saw with an abrasive disk. Cuts pretty good, especially in tight places. I have been thinking of getting a dedicated metal cutting circular saw for odd jobs. I noticed Northern sells a cheapie...
FREE SHIPPING — Northern Industrial 7 1/4in. Metal Cutting Saw | Circular Saws | Northern Tool + Equipment

Will most likely get one of these...with the guide and fence...
http://www.mytoolstore.com/milwauke/6370-21.html

Last edited:
   / Curses....Foiled Again.
I wish I could take credit for the workmanship here.....but I had a freind do this for me whom owns a welding shop. I set out to do the job myself....but lack the right tools. I think he cut it with a torch....but I did not ask him. I do know he did some grinding to fit the three different sections inside the frame. The whole setup is a bit of a "piece-meal" affair....and nothing is real true....so that makes it doubly hard to do. Also, my guard fits real snug onto the weight bracket....and has a little twist in it.....so that makes it a challenge to mount. It's all ok now that it's installed again....but it was a pistol to attach.

Attachments

• manitoba bear 005.jpg
    manitoba bear 005.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 109
   / Curses....Foiled Again. #33  
At any rate, it turned out really well. I noticed in your first pics your radiator screen had a lot of junk in it, (smaller than the limb...), it was a good chance to clean it all out...

Pic is this past weeks' fun...pushing out another shooting lane on one of my deer stands. Tripod is back near the treeline...

Attachments

• Pushing out  Lane 002.jpg
    Pushing out Lane 002.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 103
   / Curses....Foiled Again. #34  
I know you don't need any more suggestions but I woke up in the night yesterday thinking about this for some reason.

I still like a removable "armor guard" and dreamed of a guard that had hooks welded on the back that "set" right over the brush guard. Then a couple of u bolts through holes around the brush guard and a piece of flat steel on the back side that the bolts go through.

I don't have much of a life....:eek:

/ Curses....Foiled Again. #35  
Yeah Steve, I just think they make them like that because that's the way it has been done with trucks, cars. I think many of the engineers don't have any real world experience...or it's cheaper to do it that way. Too bad that don't offer an option which includes belly pans, etc. I noticed Deere does on some of their tractors.

I think many of the engineers don't have any real world experience

ding ding. We have another winner.
Actually, when you put it in front you can use a cyl that has a rod that extends all the way thru the cyl & out each end. These can operate both wheels w/o cross linkage. When behind, the setup requires linkage, and the hyd steering is not equally powerful in each direction. The single rod cyl is more powerful on extend than on retract.
Engineers W/O real world experience know this from textbooks.
larry

/ Curses....Foiled Again. #36  
I was thinking about the engineers who put my oil filter on the back side of my car engine so it has to go on a rack or be lifted to change the oil filter.