curtis FEL mounted snow plow hydraulics...again

/ curtis FEL mounted snow plow hydraulics...again #1  

teach

Silver Member
I tried searching this topic and read dozens of related posts, but didn't find any with a straightforward enough answer. So here goes...I'm considering picking up a 4 way, 5' Curtis snow plow all set up (from Curtis, not someone's home fabrication) for the loader arms of my Kubota B7500. It also comes with the cylinders and hydro lines for left and right movement. Here's the question, If I use a chain connected to a hook I welded on my loader crossbeam to hold the plow up, can I just plug the two hydro lines on the plow into the standard bucket curl ports already on my loader's controller to make the plow turn left and right? I was thinking then I could still raise the loader arms to lift the whole plow up or go down as needed, and it could "float" with the chain holding it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Teach

/ curtis FEL mounted snow plow hydraulics...again #2  
Most likely, yes you can use it that way...unless you have a 3-way loader valve that some older Kubota's had. Do some searching on the term "regen" for good reading. If your joystick has a "fast dump" position all should be well. Sorry I can't provide some links, I'm on limited access currently.

But, the main issue is that you won't be able to change the angle of attack, so as you raise the loader (like to pile up snow) the plow face will be looking straight up.

/ curtis FEL mounted snow plow hydraulics...again #3  
I have a Curtis blade that mounts to the FEL arms and that is exactly how I do it.
You would normally need to set the vertical position of the blade, using the curl lines, then replug them to move the blade left/right.

/ curtis FEL mounted snow plow hydraulics...again #4  
SeymourBota's explanation is exactly how I had to run my HLA plow on our L3130, and it worked, but I like the present setup on our L3400, with a third set of hydraulics to angle the plow while maintaining the loader lift and tilt functions. If you will be doing much plowing, consider getting a third function, or at least a set of rear remotes you can use for pivoting, it's worth the cost.