CVT Belt replacement

/ CVT Belt replacement #11  
Messicks says they have the primary clutch belt. Check your credit card before you call they are asking, $1257.22.

There name "clutch belt" confuses me. In every UTV and ATV I'm familiar with, the CTV belt is not used as a clutch. Does JD not use a secondary onr like most machines do?

/ CVT Belt replacement #12  
Thanks Gator -- I'll keep this as a last resort ($1250!?!?!?!). I'm trying to see if I can match the TEAM primary to one of the Polaris Ranger primaries which are running about $275 on eBay. Somewhere I read that a lot of the Bush Hog parts are sourced from Polaris OEMs -- like the CV axles, etc. The secondary TEAM "rapid reaction" clutch looks exactly like the one on the Polaris Ranger 2006ish models.

Also if anyone knows for sure if other parts are compatible -- I'm looking for a source for new shocks as well. Might be worth keeping a running list of compatible replacements for those who own these machines. I will say the thing is built like a tank and I have really liked it (and we haven't been kind to it either). 17 years old and it is still going strong except for the primary clutch and shocks.

/ CVT Belt replacement #13  
There name "clutch belt" confuses me. In every UTV and ATV I'm familiar with, the CTV belt is not used as a clutch. Does JD not use a secondary onr like most machines do?
It's just bad terminology on Messicks site -- the Bush Hog TH4400 UTV uses the typical primary/secondary CVT clutch setup with a drive belt in between.

/ CVT Belt replacement #14  
I have a 2006 TH4400 TrailHand. This was SUPER helpful info -- thanks everyone for posting. I can confirm the only way to do this is dropping the engine/tranny subframe. You don't have to remove the trailing arm, brake, e-brake, etc. -- just use a ratchet strap to pull the trailing arm up out of the way enough to remove the cover.

However, now I'm into ANOTHER problem -- the primary clutch is shot, and there's no availability from the dealer (besides it listing at $1250). Anyone know what the equivalent replacement is? I pulled all the numbers -- TEAM makes the primary and secondary set. TEAM won't help, none of their suggested vendors have any idea.....is this basically the same clutch used on the 2006 Polaris Rangers?

Bush Hog PRIMARY BELT CLUTCH: 50046629 ** OBSOLETE **
Primary clutch number on face: 420931-060905-00617
Numbers on primary clutch components: 240160, 240114, 240279
1.085" shaft (27.54mm)
Team Tied is clutch manufacturer
Secondary clutch: Rapid Reaction 240133
I actually just swapped out my primary clutch for a straight shaft.

Swapped in a 670 predator into a 06 th440c.

Shoot me a pm if your still looking id gladly sell it lol.

/ CVT Belt replacement #15  
Thanks Gator -- I'll keep this as a last resort ($1250!?!?!?!). I'm trying to see if I can match the TEAM primary to one of the Polaris Ranger primaries which are running about $275 on eBay. Somewhere I read that a lot of the Bush Hog parts are sourced from Polaris OEMs -- like the CV axles, etc. The secondary TEAM "rapid reaction" clutch looks exactly like the one on the Polaris Ranger 2006ish models.

Also if anyone knows for sure if other parts are compatible -- I'm looking for a source for new shocks as well. Might be worth keeping a running list of compatible replacements for those who own these machines. I will say the thing is built like a tank and I have really liked it (and we haven't been kind to it either). 17 years old and it is still going strong except for the primary clutch and shocks.
Also i found replacement brake pads. Same as oe for $10 a piece. Ebay. Taylor Dunn

/ CVT Belt replacement #16  
Awesome find @hollowacres - just ordered the Taylor Dunn pads and replaced all the pads on my TH4400 - the friction material is squared off vs curved but pads fit perfectly and work great.

Anyone had any success sourcing shocks/struts for the Bush Hog TH4400? All four of mine really need replacing, all I can find on on one of the rear struts I pulled off is:

Rear strut assembly:

SANAI(?) A 050120
OR 05-02-01

Not finding much online so far searching for those numbers....

/ CVT Belt replacement #17  
Awesome find @hollowacres - just ordered the Taylor Dunn pads and replaced all the pads on my TH4400 - the friction material is squared off vs curved but pads fit perfectly and work great.

Anyone had any success sourcing shocks/struts for the Bush Hog TH4400? All four of mine really need replacing, all I can find on on one of the rear struts I pulled off is:

Rear strut assembly:

SANAI(?) A 050120
OR 05-02-01

Not finding much online so far searching for those numbers....

This is what i got diagram wise. Been trying to find a good replacement myself but looks like older sportmans may have the same setup