CX vs. CK20SE cab as a CS/NX replacement?

/ CX vs. CK20SE cab as a CS/NX replacement? #1  

ck90211

Tractor
Deere 1025R, Kioti NX5510HC
I have an NX cab (which I use to lift heavy things higher, and do construction things), and got a CS early 2023 to clear weedy trees, thorn bushes and poison ivy, because it's much lighter on lawns and still able to do what I intended, except I now wish for a cab so I can stay cool/warm, dry and out of way from poison ivy/vines/thorny bushes and snow/ice. So with year end pricing, financing and decent trade in for my CS, I am wondering which is better upgrade.

I plan to use this tractor on multiple properties that are mostly lawns, so I like the CX cab for size and weight but spec-wise it really does not seem to do much more than a CS (in terms of lift capacity, size of implements, hydraulic flow), so it's like paying extra $15K mainly for a cab. Or extra $20K for a CK2620SE Cab and possibly consolidating my NX/CS into just 1 tractor but wondering how badly a CK20SE cab on R14's would beat up lawns. I do like having 2 tractors so I needn't change attachments so often (my NX is usually in forklift mode while CS in root grapple/snow pusher).

Appreciate any input from folks with either tractors or multiple tractors.

Last edited:
   / CX vs. CK20SE cab as a CS/NX replacement? #2  
I picked up a CK2620SE cab this summer for a small tractor for were the larger ones don't fit.
It seems to be a good little tractor.

/ CX vs. CK20SE cab as a CS/NX replacement?
Thanks for CK suggestion. How is your lawn/turf holding up with your CK cab? Any suggestions on tires, 2WD vs. 4WD?

/ CX vs. CK20SE cab as a CS/NX replacement? #4  
Mine has the R14 tires on it and even with the loaded tires and the backhoe hanging off the rear it hasn't been as rough on the lawn as my larger tractors with R1 tires.
Just parked 2.jpg

Left side after spacer lo res.jpg

Nice looking CK. Cabin does look more airy/spacious than CX's.

I ended up going with CX Cab because it suits my current landscaping needs better; might get a 6' finish or 5' flail mower (instead of belly mower) this spring to make it an air conditioned mowing machine assuming it can mow clean at higher speed (it takes 2 hours/mow with a prosumer grade zero turn going full speed). I figure it's better to maximize my uses and run it harder in first 2 years with full warranty.

Will keep my NX Cab for the time being for construction and heavier uses (2000 lbs water totes and equipment), and maybe revisit the CK or even the DK when I no longer have construction or heavier needs