Tires CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers?

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #1  

WB2ORJ

Tractor
Kioti CX2510 HST Cab
New CX2510 Cab owner. I used to have a Kubota BX2200 which had 2" wheel spacers front and rear and it handled well on my mildly hilly, slopping property. The CX2510 Cab feels much more tippy and would like opinions about adding spacers to the CX2510. Are there any warranty concerns by adding them?

thanks in advance

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #2  
I wouldn't hesitate to add rear spacers (and fill the tires if they are not already). That said, a manufacturer can deny a warranty claim if the non OEM modification causes a failure. I believe many Kubota models have OEM spacers available, so perhaps your machine has an OEM option.

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #3  
In my case, I was more concerned about roll over than warranty issues when adding spacers.

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers?
I always keep a Landpride weight box on the 3pt hitch filled with gravel. On my old Kubota I was able to handle the rear tires myself (age 75y) but the size of the CX2510 rear tires makes me think it would be a difficult one-man job just to remove the tire. Any tips for a one-man show?:

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #5  
I always keep a Landpride weight box on the 3pt hitch filled with gravel. On my old Kubota I was able to handle the rear tires myself (age 75y) but the size of the CX2510 rear tires makes me think it would be a difficult one-man job just to remove the tire. Any tips for a one-man show?:
I pulled my tractor close to a wall in case the tire got away from me and fell backwards. I did one side at a time and took my time. If your tires are filled with fluid, it can get dicey so be prepared if things go south.

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #6  
Do keep in mind that the farther the wheels are from the axle castings, the more strain the castings take. Just an FYI.

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #7  
I wouldn't hesitate to add rear spacers (and fill the tires if they are not already).

The Kioti CK2610 has <25-horsepower.

Kioti CK2610 bare weight is 2260 pounds + 600 pounds for CAB with AC + 600 pounds FEL + 250 pounds for liquid in rear tires, plus (?) implement = 3710 pounds minimum. Probably 3950 pounds with OP's weight box mounted.

Probably HST transmission.

Topography: on my mildly hilly, sloping property.

Last edited:
   / CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #8  
On my old Kubota I was able to handle the rear tires myself (age 75y) but the size of the CX2510 rear tires makes me think it would be a difficult one-man job just to remove the tire.

I am 75 too. We are both too fragile for removing/replacing heavy rear tractor tires. Broken hip or broken leg, heart attack, stroke, aneurism are not good.

Last edited:
   / CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers?
The Kioti CK2610 has <25-horsepower.

Kioti CK2610 bare weight is 2260 pounds + 600 pounds for CAB with AC + 600 pounds FEL + 250 pounds for liquid in rear tires, plus (?) implement = 3710 pounds minimum. Probably 3950 pounds with OP's weight box mounted.

Probably HST transmission.

Topography: on my mildly hilly, sloping property.

Thanks, really informative video. My dealer says Kioti doesn't offer OEM spacers but saw little warranty risk in adding 2" rear spacers.

/ CX2510 Cab - OK to Add 2" or 3" Wheel Spacers? #10  
My dealer says Kioti doesn't offer OEM spacers but saw little warranty risk in adding 2" rear spacers.

VENDER: