Cyclone Rake info for those interestd

/ Cyclone Rake info for those interestd #1  

Ches

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2910
I bought a commercial Cyclone Rake this fall and have used it for three days, about six hour days and it did everything the company said it would. I have tried many ways to take care of my leaves and this is by far the best. A good friend of mine bought one after seeing mine. I have a Bobcat ZTR and he has a Toro ZTR. I was able to get a cast iron discharge chute specifically for my mower and it all worked out great. He couldn't get one specifically for his and had to cut and mount a generic plastic one. It did not work any where near as good for him as mine did (Discharge chute kept rising up). Rather than work on modifying/adding top weight, he decided to send it back. Their add said no risk offer/money back guarantee. He damaged the optional jack stand beyond use. They told him to send everything back. They arranged for pick up, paid return freight, and refunded all of his money. Just thought I would let you know the machine lived up to my expectations and the company lived up to their promise on the guarantee for my friend.

/ Cyclone Rake info for those interestd #2  
I have had a Cyclone Rake for two years now. You can't ask for a better company to deal with. I have two decks for my Honda 4518. With the original 38" I am able to use the Honda discharge chute and the machine works flawlessly. I bought a new 42" deck on eBay and had to buy Cyclone's generic plastic chute to attach the rake. For some reason it absolutely didn't work. I think it has to do with the deck design as the 42" doesn't windrow nearly as much as the 38". Called them up after fidgiting with it all summer and they took the chute setup back no problem. Motto: try and purchase your mower's factory chute as opposed to the generic one they supply. There just isn't one available for the Honda /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Bottom line though your lawn will never look better, if it doesn't send it back and you're not out a dime. Can't ask for more than that!

Pacesetter

/ Cyclone Rake info for those interestd #3  
I just recently purchased the Cyclone Rake (residential version} for my property which is moderately treed at just under 3 acres. I go to the curb to empty about 5-6 times for moderate ground cover, during leaf season. I opted to use the factory chute which, at first, was a concern, given the varied reviews I encountered. Given the negative comments, I made a point of measuring carefully and fitting the factory chute as tight as possible to the discharge chute on my John Deere LT 155 38" deck. Cutting the opening in the factory chute was a breeze with a jigsaw. I have been absolutely satisfied with the results.

The optional vacuum and unloader hoses are a must to ease emptying your loads. granted, it's not a big deal, but older users may have a problem digging out a load of grass or pine needles as they can get pretty tight and mulched down, can be quite heavy.

I would recommend the Cyclone rake to ANYBODY who has the proper tractor/rider and property to justify the expense. I bought the upgraded hoses and can attest to their durability picking up twigs and in some cases small branches. This is a 1 pass setup that far surpasses any bagger, sweeper or blower I have ever used, and I have tried the best.
I have no problem whatsoever recommending the Woodland products Cyclone rake. .

/ Cyclone Rake info for those interestd #4  
I purchased a Cyclone Rake Professional last fall and it works as advertised. Just received a telephone call yesterday from Cyclone Rake inquiring about my satisfaction with the unit.
How often do you normally get a call like that--good company with a great product that has my recomendation.

/ Cyclone Rake info for those interestd #5  
I bought mine before they worked all the bugs out of them. I will have to pay a kings ransom to get mine updated to the point where it should work as well as the new ones. The company is great to work with in warranty, but when it is out of warranty, it gets expensive quickly. Glad to hear that they resolved all the issues with the old models. Maybe someday they will offer an upgrade kit with all the changes......

/ Cyclone Rake info for those interestd #6  
Hey Junkman, can we use this with or 2200's?

/ Cyclone Rake info for those interestd #7  
I don't see why not.... you will have to get the Kubota deck boot for the hose to hook up to and then purchase a draw bar for the 3 point hitch so the Cyclone Rake will have something to hook up to. It has a 5 HP Tecumseh engine that drives the impeller and it does get "loud" after a while. Ear protection is a must if for nothing other than to keep your sanity. Since I have it already, I will be giving it a try before I buy another catcher.