Danuser G20/40 rant

/ Danuser G20/40 rant #11  
I have a Danuser 1025H hydraulic post hole digger with an offset SSQA mounting for my FEL. I am nothing but impressed with the unit. Part of the reason I bought Danuser is because it has a strong family owned reputation. Good ol' USA. We don't see enough of that anymore in the day of global manufacturing. Danuser is a great company. I had zero problems but I am confident that if I did I would been taken care of. Consider this a shout out for Danuser.

/ Danuser G20/40 rant #12  
Now that is Service.:thumbsup::eek:

/ Danuser G20/40 rant
Quick update. I dug five holes this weekend with the 24" auger: 2 at 2+ feet deep and three at about a foot deep. I sheared the shear bolt on the last hole - it doesn't take a lot to shear it with that large of an auger I guess, and I was digging in an area where it doesn't exactly surprise me. I haven't replaced the shear bolt yet, but after sitting inside all day Sunday there doesn't appear to be any leaks.

/ Danuser G20/40 rant #14  
Dripping Springs typically has solid limestone in layers very close to the surface or it IS the surface. A 24" auger will surely find rock there, and quickly. Yes, I'd think it would be a good idea to get several shear bolts. What do you need such large holes for?

Quick update. I dug five holes this weekend with the 24" auger: 2 at 2+ feet deep and three at about a foot deep. I sheared the shear bolt on the last hole - it doesn't take a lot to shear it with that large of an auger I guess, and I was digging in an area where it doesn't exactly surprise me. I haven't replaced the shear bolt yet, but after sitting inside all day Sunday there doesn't appear to be any leaks.

/ Danuser G20/40 rant #15  
TomSeller,

Thanks for the shout out! Always like to hear from satisfied customers.

/ Danuser G20/40 rant
Dripping Springs typically has solid limestone in layers very close to the surface or it IS the surface. A 24" auger will surely find rock there, and quickly. Yes, I'd think it would be a good idea to get several shear bolts. What do you need such large holes for?

I sheared the bolt not too far down hill from a limestone outcropping. Further down the hill it's clay for more than 2 feet down with not too many rocks. I plan on ordering a few more shear bolts today - I couldn't find 5/16" 2 1/4" grade 5 bolts at the local Lowe's.

The deep holes were for a couple of pecan trees - I put them not too far from the dry run creek at the bottom of the hill. I have 16 fruit trees coming in from Burnt Ridge nursery. The previous owner took out 90 oaks from my 8 acre lot (due to oak wilt he said), so I've got some open space I'd like filled in. That auger turns a painful hole digging job into a bit of fun :)

The shallower holes were for some watermelon and ein dor melon hills. I hate the store bought melons - always seem to be picked weeks before they're ready. Hopefully I'll have time for a full garden for this fall or next spring.

/ Danuser G20/40 rant #17  
Shear bolts are one of the cons for PTO Diggers, they are necessary to save the gearbox but a pain to deal with. I understand our bolts are higher priced but I thought I should mention this first. Our shear bolts are special made for Danuser to give a solid shaft through the connection then threads. The local store bought bolts will have more thread and less solid shaft therefore they will shear easier. I had a customer with the same machine as you and he was going through several store bought bolts and was upset. He called us and I told him the same thing I am explaining now. I described the differences and he did not believe me. So I did what any other "good" company should do, I sent him 3 of our shear bolts. I called back some time later and he stated that he was using the same shear bolt for a week. Now I understand that there are certain ground conditions, diameter augers, etc. that can alter the time for one bolt but I thought you should be aware before you buy from a box store.

/ Danuser G20/40 rant #18  
If I lived in Fulton,I'd move too! Just kidding
texasjohn, thanks for the welcome!

I love hearing from customrs like you. We still believe in quality and customer service. I think it is evident with the American Made Quality Gearbox! Do you have an Operator's Manual for your machine? If not, please provide model and serial number with name and address I we will send you one free of charge.

Just got back from Texas attending a show in Houston. Everyone was so friendly and had a great time. If our company was not located in the orginal 103 year location, I would vote to move to Texas!! Dig on my friend!

/ Danuser G20/40 rant
Shear bolts are one of the cons for PTO Diggers, they are necessary to save the gearbox but a pain to deal with. I understand our bolts are higher priced but I thought I should mention this first. Our shear bolts are special made for Danuser to give a solid shaft through the connection then threads. The local store bought bolts will have more thread and less solid shaft therefore they will shear easier. I had a customer with the same machine as you and he was going through several store bought bolts and was upset. He called us and I told him the same thing I am explaining now. I described the differences and he did not believe me. So I did what any other "good" company should do, I sent him 3 of our shear bolts. I called back some time later and he stated that he was using the same shear bolt for a week. Now I understand that there are certain ground conditions, diameter augers, etc. that can alter the time for one bolt but I thought you should be aware before you buy from a box store.

I just ordered 10 Danuser shear bolts & nuts. This should last me a while, as I don't plan on digging in the rockier area any time soon with that auger.

It'd be great if us normal folks could order things like bolts and nuts directly from Danuser. I can understand not selling things like PHDs so as not to compete with dealers, but for things like nuts and bolts I have to call a dealer who then calls Danuser or their distributor who then calls him back who then calls me back. The bolts ship directly to me from either the distributor or Danuser. At least I avoid the Texas sales tax ordering out of state...

Thanks!

/ Danuser G20/40 rant #20  
Wow. That response is impressive in this day and age.

You're not kidding!!! I wish one of the Ford descendants would call or email me about my Triton 5.4L F150 after ONE spark plug broke off trying to wrench it off, and cost me about $500 to change a set of 8 plugs. Or about the time the composite intake manifold cracked and started puking green stuff all over the road which also cost several hundred dollars too.