Danuser MD6 PTO

/ Danuser MD6 PTO #1  

SoVaFarmer

Tractor
Kubota L2501
Hello all,

First post. I have a Kubota L2501 and recently picked up an old Danuser MD6 post driver. It's in pretty decent shape, but I am struggling with the PTO. I still trying to learn what I need to know when it comes to tractors - yokes, u-joints, different series, etc. Honestly it's a bit more than I imagined.

So I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to get this post driver hooked up to my tractor. My current sticking point is tractor yoke disconnect is a style I'm not familiar with. There's a threaded key in there. I also can't get the pin to move (if it's suppose to?). It's a series 4 PTO with a 7/8" round bore. The shaft is 3/4" x 7/8". The universal joint doesn't look like the ones in youtube videos showing how to replace them.

Danuser states I need to buy their driveline conversion kit and it just as much as I paid for the driver - up near $500 after shipping. I'm actually a safety professional. We all take the risks we take. I'm trying to get a small family farm up and running.

I'd buy half a PTO shaft, replace the yoke at either end, whatever options I have would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
   / Danuser MD6 PTO #3  
Hello all,

First post. I have a Kubota L2501 and recently picked up an old Danuser MD6 post driver. It's in pretty decent shape, but I am struggling with the PTO. I still trying to learn what I need to know when it comes to tractors - yokes, u-joints, different series, etc. Honestly it's a bit more than I imagined.

So I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to get this post driver hooked up to my tractor. My current sticking point is tractor yoke disconnect is a style I'm not familiar with. There's a threaded key in there. I also can't get the pin to move (if it's suppose to?). It's a series 4 PTO with a 7/8" round bore. The shaft is 3/4" x 7/8". The universal joint doesn't look like the ones in youtube videos showing how to replace them.

Danuser states I need to buy their driveline conversion kit and it just as much as I paid for the driver - up near $500 after shipping. I'm actually a safety professional. We all take the risks we take. I'm trying to get a small family farm up and running.

I'd buy half a PTO shaft, replace the yoke at either end, whatever options I have would be appreciated.
In the video, his uses a retaining washer, yours may have a retaining clip or ring. Not sure what you are referring to as a threaded key.

/ Danuser MD6 PTO #4  
edit: Looking at the picture of the disconnect I think what he means by threaded key is a mangled disconnect pin that has been scored and smashed. That is why the pin doesn't push in.

I am pretty sure that the yoke is a Weasler 6N series which is similar in dimensions to a 4 series.

If the only problem is the retaining pin on the disconnect you can try and replace it. Below is the repair kit information I found. This will be the cheapest route. I don't have one of the original tractor side to look at I only have the original md6 side. The tractor side had been lost by previous owner in a move. So I can't tell you how to do the actual pin repair. From the comments on tractor supply there should be a small hole 5/16" on the opposite side of the pin. You use a punch from that side to drive the old pin out. To reinstall insert the new spring and then pound the new pin in.
If the yoke doesn't have a hole on the opposite side of the pin then you will have to pull the pin out. Grab with vice grips, twist and pull.

Another option is replacing the tractor side yoke. Tractor supply usually stocks that part as well. The yokes on these do not use retaining C clips. Just turn the yoke support the inner yoke and tap the outer yoke side with a hammer till it pops the cap out. Repeat for the other side. Once both caps are off the yoke is easy to replace.
index.png

Last edited:
   / Danuser MD6 PTO
Thank you so much y'all. Tons of super helpful information. You don't know what you don't know and I appreciate you guys helping me out. I'm going to give the pin replacement a shot first and see how we do!