Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today!

/ Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today! #11  
Here's my newly acquired stand. It cost me $0 because it was in front of my friend's house ready to be picked up with the garbage. His wife used to use it to store her off season clothes, but a basement reno meant they had no more room for it. One look and I saw the easy way to get my PHD up off of the floor. :) Haven't even had a chance to use it yet, but I plan to replace the baling twine at the top with a pulley so it will be easier to hoist into place. The thin profile should allow it to roll in behind the tractor quite comfortably for hook-up. Before you ask, yes I did pivot the PHD sideways the way it would have to be to hook it up and the stand did not topple over. I wouldn't want to yank on it too hard when sideways, but it is actually pretty stable because when the hookup arms are sticking out one side, the gearbox and auger are sticking out the other side to counter-balance it.

IMG-20121201-00649.jpg

IMG-20121201-00651.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20121201-00653.jpg
    IMG-20121201-00653.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 83
   / Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today! #12  
Zing - looks like something the bellhop would be pushing across the hotel lobby.

/ Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today! #13  
RVThere, great looking PHD!!! I always enjoy seeing a "restoration" like you've done.

I'm getting some ideas for a stand as well. These things are certainly goofy when they are off the tractor.

/ Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today! #14  
Zing - looks like something the bellhop would be pushing across the hotel lobby.

LMAO!! Exactly! :laughing:

Does exactly what you want, requires no modification, completely free. What more could you ask for? :thumbsup:

/ Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today! #15  
Mine hangs from a tree limb out back from a chain. (was a strap but the weather got to the strap and it broke last time i tried to hang it up so i up graded to some 1/4" chain)

/ Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today!
Bought the lumber and hardware last night and today I assembled the stand. I put mine on 5" casters so I could move it around the barn. It turned out to be about 30" wide and about 5' long. I cut the height to be right under the curve in the PHD pipe when it was fully raised (about 63"). That kept my auger from dragging on the floor.

I plan to prime the wood and then paint it JD green! Thanks to everyone for all their ideas!

PHD Stand 1.JPGPHD Stand 2.JPG

/ Danuser PHD - tried for 1st time today! #17  
Mine hangs from a tree limb out back from a chain. (was a strap but the weather got to the strap and it broke last time i tried to hang it up so i up graded to some 1/4" chain)

This. Exactly this.