DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME!

/ DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME! #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
HI FOLKS,
Just venting here.I was suppose to get my tractor at the dealer ,back from repairs today.It snowed about 6 to 8 inchs,on top of a sheet of ice last night.The roads are bad!!My driveway tarp is still down in the drive,its spiked down with 10 inch spikes,the ground is froze,and the tarp has all this ice and snow on it....now thats gonnna be fun,i cant plow because ill rip it.::( :( I spent a whole weekend cleaning up my trailer and undercoating it,now its gonna get covered with salt on its maiden voyage .Jeeps got not so good tires ,but i gotta have my BOTA BACK!!What did i ever do before i got a tractor?Well how much stuff did you not get done before you were dumped on?Well im off,this is gonna be a seat puckering ride,alot of ice and slush out there.
ALAN

Last edited:
   / DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME! #2  
You said "My driveway tarp is still down in the drive,its spiked down with 10 inch spikes"

What is the purpose of your 'driveway tarp' ?

/ DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME! #3  
If you got one long enough, you couuld cover the entier driveway and pull it off after the snow was done. Result, cleanest driveway in the neighborhood.

/ DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME! #4  
escavader said:
HI FOLKS,
Just venting here.I was suppose to get my tractor at the dealer ,back from repairs today.It snowed about 6 to 8 inchs,on top of a sheet of ice last night.The roads are bad!!My driveway tarp is still down in the drive,its spiked down with 10 inch spikes,the ground is froze,and the tarp has all this ice and snow on it....now thats gonnna be fun,i cant plow because ill rip it.::( :( I spent a whole weekend cleaning up my trailer and undercoating it,now its gonna get covered with salt on its maiden voyage .Jeeps got not so good tires ,but i gotta have my BOTA BACK!!What did i ever do before i got a tractor?Well how much stuff did you not get done before you were dumped on?Well im off,this is gonna be a seat puckering ride,alot of ice and slush out there.
ALAN

I'll take a stab at this
#1-undercoated trailer with tarp over driveway to protect it from drippings.
#2-was going to roll tarp with sno on it so as not to shovel yard
#3-clean spot to unload his tractor

I have 33 years living in Maine, we all do some weird things at times
Jim:)

/ DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME!
guyrj33 said:
You said "My driveway tarp is still down in the drive,its spiked down with 10 inch spikes"

What is the purpose of your 'driveway tarp' ?
HEY FOLKS,JUST FINISHED UP WHAT A MISERABLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GUYRJ33
I have one of those porous mill wire tarps from the local paper mill.It covers the width of the drive and is about 300 feet long.Its purpose is to keep dirt from tracking in the house and cars,.You can sweep it as easy as your house floor.[i pressure wash it]It never rots or rips.Its really the next best thing to a cement driveway.The only downfall its as slippery as a banana peel when its got snow on it,so we drag it out on the back yard in winter months.
What a day! Hooked up the trailer,tryed to come down the hill in my drive ...trailer slid into a stone wall,got a nice ding in the fender.
On my way home i heard a strange noise.When i looked back i saw a tire on my trailer shredding to peices.Had to run it on the rim until i found a safe place to stop.THANK GOD I BOUGHT A TANDEM AXLE TRAILER! Well got my idiot jack out of the jeepgot the rim off,then realized i didnt bring my spare:( :( .I decided to un hook drive home and get it,BUT I COULDNT FIND THE DARN KEY TO MY TRAILER COUPLER!:mad: :mad: after a half hour i found it ...wedged down beside my seat,must have fell out of my pocket.Well this all taught me a lesson,never forget your spare,and hilift jack.:rolleyes:
Had fun on the bota though plowing the drive,had some seat time that makes it all better now!
Botas been dryed off in the garage ,cleaned up,waxed[gonna take the heat for saying this]and the hoe and front bucket all painted up pretty.Sure is glad to know its in the garage and not out in the snowbank at the dealers.Time to relax and to do some tractor by netting.
ALAN

/ DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME! #6  
Some guys have all the fun. What heat for saying the tractor is waxed???? I waxed mine this summer and it makes clean-up a heck of a lot easier, just hose it off and it looks like new. Let em laugh. We can laugh while we're having a beer and thinking about them still cleaning up the tractor.

/ DARN,IT SNOWED BEFORE I COULD GET TI HOME! #7  
Was that a "bikini wax" ???