Dash Mount Shuttle on HST

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #21  
then call me an old fart set in his ways :) and that 2wd is under rated, ya just need to know how to operate it and be able to operate the tractor in 2wd, to be able to achieve stuff, that 4wd/mfwd would have issues with.

it is not about dismounting from tractor, it is operating both the split brakes and the HST/ throttle pedal at the same time. that is the issue.

Lots of current tractors have the brakes on the same side as the throttle, and nobody else seems to be complaining about them. If you need to use the throttle and the split brakes at the same time, you can always use the hand throttle.

The new Kubota L3901 with both gear and HST setups has both the throttle and the brakes on the right side. Imagine that, a treadle AND the brakes on one side! It wouldn't be the way I would choose, but for some folks, it might be useful. The MX series offers a similar setup with the synch shuttle...looks the same.

Last edited:
   / Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #22  
You'll hafta excuse Bart. Sometimes he goes off on a tangent that has little to do with the current discussion. :) He'll get back on track. Maybe. :)

I'm not on a tangent, I'm talking about the system pictured and being discussed in this thread. Your comment however....not on track.

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #23  
I like controlling direction with my feet especially when using the FEL. We all can become somewhat partial to what we are used to though and controlling direction with my feet is all I have much experience with. It could be I would like the lever on the steering column better but I don't think so.

I would try one. It looks like a power shuttle without the clutch. I like the idea of the pedal being the throttle so maybe you don't have to let up to maintain/increase your speed as with a reg hst.

I'm used to a power shuttle and find the lever more intuitive, it's become second nature like putting on a turn signal.

--------------------------------------------------------
Both of our Bobcats have the lever on the steering column for forward-neutral-reverse.

The yellow button on the end is the high-low range switch.

7 (Small).jpg

I really like using it, and got used to it very quickly, the only problem is after running the machine for a couple hours, I got in my truck to back out of the garage, pulled it into reverse and it just sat there with the left turn signal flashing! :laughing:

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #24  
Both of our Bobcats have the lever on the steering column for forward-neutral-reverse.

The yellow button on the end is the high-low range switch.

View attachment 402452

I really like using it, and got used to it very quickly, the only problem is after running the machine for a couple hours, I got in my truck to back out of the garage, pulled it into reverse and it just sat there with the left turn signal flashing! :laughing:

Something to consider about your skid loader and tele handler is that neither has a 3PT in the back that you need to mind and so you're unlikely to be sitting half-cocked to the rear so as to be able to continually look backward as I am in the video I posted.

Funny thing, when I made that video, I wanted the camera to be facing backward but wasn't paying attention enough and made a selfie video which turned out to be useful.

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #25  
Something to consider about your skid loader and tele handler is that neither has a 3PT in the back that you need to mind and so you're unlikely to be sitting half-cocked to the rear so as to be able to continually look backward as I am in the video I posted.
------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, watched your video, interesting. :thumbsup:

Don't have a skid loader, the other Bobcat is my wife's Toolcat and it has a 3PT. But she doesn't have to look backward when using the 7' brush hog.

PA270001.JPG