Dash Mount Shuttle on HST

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #11  
meh... the split left/right rear brake pedals need to be on opposite foot than the throttle/hst pedal.

from back dragging via the FEL and front tires have no traction or slightly off ground, to tapping left or right brake pedal to get one tire that is spinning back under control and giving traction to keep from getting stuck. to just using split brakes to help steer on ice / snow / in mud, to simply trying to make a sharper turn.

automatic car like feel should never come across in a tractor. makes unit difficult to use, when ya try and swing other foot over to operate things. could make things more dangerous or impossible to do. and higher chance of getting a shoe caught up in the pedals. and/or pressing throttle/hst pedal, when not wanting to. city slickers vs country folks is what i toss it up to *shaking his head no*

Talk about sounding like a city slicker. :eek: Lots of tractors have the brake pedals on the same side as the throttle....you know, the ones with a clutch pedal on the left side. It doesn't really cause problems for anybody who can remotely operate machinery.

There would be no need to "swing the other foot over" because you wouldn't mount/dismount on the right side to start with.

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #12  
I have side-by-side pedals that I really like. I have a bad back as a result from breaking my back, and while I'm very thankful that I can still bend over and feel my toes, I don't twist well. Imagine now running a rotary cutter where the operator frequently goes forward and backward and is turned to the right so as to be able to see rearward with this shuttle shift?

The side-by-side pedals are much better on the floor, as is having the the PTO switch mounted on the righthand side console or B pillar like how Deere and Kioti do it.

Here is a video of me running a rotary cutter. You can see how often I change directions through the glass. As you watch, you can see how I'm running the steering wheel with my left hand, while off camera operating the top tilt remote valve as feel as the three point lift. While i could also shift with my left hand, it would not be as easy as the set-up I have with side-by-side HST pedals.
nice video and explanation.

the old ford 555c industrial unit i have. shuttle shift, 4 speed, has 3 clutch buttons, 1 on FEL joystick, 1 on shuttle shift, 1 on gear shifter. and then split brakes on left feet, and throttle pedal on right foot.

i tend to dump the clutch via FEL joystick, when wanting to operate FEL quickly. it really does speed things up in raising the FEL with a full bucket of dirt.

i also tend to keep throttle pedal pressed down between 25% to 100% when working the shuttle shift. ya i might rock the tractor forwards/backwards when doing this. and i would imagine sudden quick change in direction is hard on the mechaical stuff (gears, and like) but it keeps me moving quicker. and i just flip a switch, normally with pinky finger on left hand, as rest of left hand is holding onto steering wheel. but the shuttle lever is also right there, just barely enough room with gloves on, to not hit the shuttle shift lever when left hand is fully on the steering wheel.

but both above, after reading your post / watching the video. i can see how change in direction via a single right pedal could be handy for regular folks, and less wear on machine. above is more for like a wheel loader setup. were ya using unit to load dirt/sand into back of a dump truck / truck bed. vs a agricultural tractor in the SCUT / CUT range. were end users, are not wanting as much jerkyness of above. and the few hours on the machine if that a day. vs a day job were person is in the machine 7 hour so hours a day running the machine non stop.

============
side tracking, is there a SCUT / CUT tractor out there, that uses more of skid steer / zero turn mower setup with a combo lever / joystick one for each hand. were there is no steering wheel? kinda moving all the stuff (3pt hitch levers / rear remotes levers, along with FEL, steering, etc.. into the 2 joysticks. vs needing to move arms/hands all over the place.

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #13  
Who makes this tractor that's pictured?

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #14  
   / Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #15  
Talk about sounding like a city slicker. :eek: Lots of tractors have the brake pedals on the same side as the throttle....you know, the ones with a clutch pedal on the left side. It doesn't really cause problems for anybody who can remotely operate machinery.

There would be no need to "swing the other foot over" because you wouldn't mount/dismount on the right side to start with.

then call me an old fart set in his ways :) and that 2wd is under rated, ya just need to know how to operate it and be able to operate the tractor in 2wd, to be able to achieve stuff, that 4wd/mfwd would have issues with.

it is not about dismounting from tractor, it is operating both the split brakes and the HST/ throttle pedal at the same time. that is the issue.

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #16  
then call me an old fart set in his ways :) and that 2wd is under rated, ya just need to know how to operate it and be able to operate the tractor in 2wd, to be able to achieve stuff, that 4wd/mfwd would have issues with.

it is not about dismounting from tractor, it is operating both the split brakes and the HST/ throttle pedal at the same time. that is the issue.

You'll hafta excuse Bart. Sometimes he goes off on a tangent that has little to do with the current discussion. :) He'll get back on track. Maybe. :)

/ Dash Mount Shuttle on HST #19  
   / Dash Mount Shuttle on HST
I'm thinking the first two are an Iseki.

You are right, the blue one is a 46hp Iseki, sold in Europe and Australia as a TG5475.
It's an evolution of their TG5470, which in HST form had twin pedals.

The Massey 1700 series is only just being released in Europe. I got the Massey picture from a press release they have just done for the MF1747HC & MF1740HC (46 & 38 hp). These are made by Iseki for Massey, but it looks more than just a re-badge.
From the picture it looks like they have refined the HST-shuttle-on-dash further and put the HST direction selector on a smaller stalk switch on the steering column. Think the switch is the same as Massey use on their bigger tractors.