Davis loader for an 8N

/ Davis loader for an 8N #11  
I don't want to get too philosophical about your loader, rback33, but look at its frame. It is a work of art! I am not joking. There was considerable time "styling" the embossed areas which aid in strengthening the frame. Very impressive.

"Looks like a pipe factory exploded and landed on a farmall" - Soundguy

Hah! I know exactly what you mean! I believe that Soundguy is referring to the old Farmhand loaders (?) used for stacking hay in the Dakotas. The photo I found doesn't really do its appearance justice. I had always thought that they looked like a pole barn fell on top of the tractor. I will often literally emit a sound of disgust when viewing one of these exploded-pipe-factory loaders in an ad on Tractorhouse.com.

Attachments

• 4020 with Hay stacker loader.jpg
    4020 with Hay stacker loader.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 794
   / Davis loader for an 8N #12  
Yep.. that be them...

Looks like a dang automotive lift for a service station.. and then they drove a tractor under it and bolted it on...

Gotta have some big gates for those suckers!!

I guess i shouldn't talk about 'ugly' loaders.. as those ford 1-arm 711 and 722 loaders I have on my fords are pretty quirky themselves.. They sure beat the 'jungle gym' style that blocks all access to the seat of the tractor from the ground...

Soundguy