Day Off.

/ Day Off. #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Well once again this morning Mother Nature decided to show us winter not over yet in the upper northeast.
For the last three days it has rain,freezing rain,SNOW and now the snow not melting so fast anymore.
The ground bubbling with water and one must use 4wd,chains,inter locking rear end,sometimes the loader to help push the tractor back from being stuck also the winch.
So between getting stuck while working the lower end of the tree farm and making ruts which seems to turn into steams in no time I guess I'll give the little girl (Kubota} another day off...3 days in a row. :eek:(

So hows the weather in your location??

May all of you have a good day and your coffee cups stay full.

/ Day Off. #2  
What a difference! Our temperature's getting down to 60 at night, and a little over 80 in the afternoon. Just great! Except for one little problem; it's DRY! Sure wish we had more rain.

Bird

/ Day Off. #3  
Sunny and warm, but still frost at night in Northern Ontario. Could use some of your rain and days off. Not much snow last winter, and the Great Lakes are low. Right now dams on the Upper Ottawa river are keeping water levels normal. That may not last, and people on the river may be extending their docks this year.

/ Day Off. #4  
Thomas,

It sounds like spring alright! Here in NY it is still cloudy, and we've only had one day of sun in about a week an a half. No snow but plenty of rain to make the grass green. And to think that by May 25th the gardens are supposed to be planted - whew you wouldn't know it now. I haven't even begun to do spring cleaning of the landscape and lawn, or all the other stuff!

You too, have a great day!

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Day Off. #5  
Bird;
If you can send a little of that warmer temperature my way, I will divert some of the too many rainfalls we have had this Spring your way. (And of course, our predictions for this weekend - rain).

/ Day Off. #6  
The weathermen are predicting a slight chance of showers here every day for the next 4 days, too. I figure if it's going to happen, it'll be Sunday since that's the day my brothers and I are hosting a golf tournament. It rained part of the day during the tournament last year. And as bad as we need the rain, I don't care if it rains on the tournament again!

Bird

/ Day Off. #7  
It's a glorious day here in VA, though they're calling for a chance of thunderstorms. I've got to go play, er, work!

Mark

/ Day Off. #8  
Bird, If I call the guy to sprig the coastal bermuda, do I want him before it rains or after it rains? The ground is still dry as powder today./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Day Off. #9  
Wen, I really don't know. I think I'd ask the guy who does the sprigging. About 4 years ago, they plowed and sprigged about 20 acres next door to me, and it didn't rain for quite some time afterwards, and I'm afraid he just wasted his money. Of course, I don't really know whether the lack of water was the entire problem, since that was the only time I've seen one of those sprigging machines in operation. And of course, right now my ground's dry, too, and big cracks already starting. A few years ago, in the middle of the summer, my cousin's father-in-law from Georgia came to visit, looked at the cracks in the ground and said, "I didn't know you had earthquakes in Texas." And he was serious; he thought that was what caused them.

Bird