Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES!

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES! #61  
2003 Suburban has 188,800 on it this morning. It's had a non-functioning O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold since we got it 2 years ago. Mechanic said he can:
a) try and remove it and most likely break it instead
b) drill the manifold, weld on a nut, and insert a new one
c) remove the exhaust manifold and install a new/used one, but probably break exhaust studs in the process
d) just drive around with the check engine light on like everyone else.

I chose plan d.

🙃
FWIW: I know a few folks that have gone with plan b on this one. Often as plan a, break, cut flush with a die grinder, and then plan b.

On some of my vehicles, having the O2 sensor go out causes a substantial drop in performance. Substantial.

All the best,

Peter

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES!
FWIW: I know a few folks that have gone with plan b on this one. Often as plan a, break, cut flush with a die grinder, and then plan b.

On some of my vehicles, having the O2 sensor go out causes a substantial drop in performance. Substantial.

All the best,

Peter
Yes. I was concerned a bit. Mechanic said not to worry about it, as it runs fine so far.

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES!
Hope it was helpful. That's we we're here. ;)