Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES!

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES!
Update to the RTV goobered on valve cover with one missing bolt.... still not leaking oil.

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES! #42  
It is kinda heated. Attached to the house and extremely well insulated. Never goes below 58 degrees. I was real careful after your experience.

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES! #43  
Moss, the picture that shows the hole with the EZ-out fouled bolt shank seems to show a possibility to tack weld a nut on top of the flange, or even JB weld same to accept a new slightly shorter cover bolt. No?

Consider a set of reverse drill bits to replace the EZ-Outs. Also, once a bolt or stud shank snaps, its torque is lost and should be loose enough to where just finger pressure will turn it. If not, it is corrosion that has it stuck and penetrant and/or heat is needed. I wonder if an electric pump might have been more simple, not at all sure about that one.

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES! #44  
Moss, i copied your idea of the vacuum pump for the fuel. Works great. now all I need is a new muffler. 425 kohler

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES!
Glad it helped. Mine has worked all winter so far so good.

/ Dead battery, broken exhaust stud, tow ports, gas tanks, welding, carbs.... YIKES! #46  
Hey MossRoad,
You were very helpful to me recently when I had to get a wheel motor off for repair. Unfortunately I have nothing to to offer you in return except my sympathy. The battery on my 2002 vintage PT425 died sometime back and I somehow managed to get the old battery out and the new battery in. But it was a multi-day ordeal. By the time it was done, I was totally convinced that powertrac took a battery and built the PT425 around the battery! I have my fingers crossed that the second battery is still alive after sitting up over the winter. I really think powertrac should seriously think about how to make battery replacement easier.

Hey MossRoad,
You were very helpful to me recently when I had to get a wheel motor off for repair. Unfortunately I have nothing to to offer you in return except my sympathy. The battery on my 2002 vintage PT425 died sometime back and I somehow managed to get the old battery out and the new battery in. But it was a multi-day ordeal. By the time it was done, I was totally convinced that powertrac took a battery and built the PT425 around the battery! I have my fingers crossed that the second battery is still alive after sitting up over the winter. I really think powertrac should seriously think about how to make battery replacement easier.

On those model years, it was really a bad decision to locate it there. The newer models have it pretty easily accessible. I'd be they changed it after one of the owners had to change it himself. :laughing:

Update, the fuel pump is still working very well. I've run it out of gas 3 times since converting, so I've had the fuel level well below the carb each time. Filled up and started right away, too. :thumbsup:

Updated to the goobered on gasket for the valve cover that's still missing one of the bolts.... it started leaking oil again about April/May. So I removed the cover, scraped and cleaned the mating surfaces, and goobered on some new gasket material and it's been drip free for about 12 hours of operation.