Dead Battery!!!

/ Dead Battery!!! #1  

b8200hst4wd

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200 HST 4WD
I went out to start my B8200 to go get the garbage cans and mow the lawn Went to crank it over nada slow rrrrrr. Great I said got the booster pack. Put it on for 10min rrrrrr. What do you think

Alex (B8200/HST/4WD/FEL/MidM/Tiller

/ Dead Battery!!! #2  
We'll start by stating the obvious:
"The battery is not strong enough to turn your engine over."
(I find this helps when diagnosing problems.)

This means 1) your battery is weak, or 2) your engine is harder than normal to turn over. Hopefully the answer is 1). Check the battery - put a tester on it. A quick way to check if it is really dead is to switch on your lights, they should be dim or not light at all. If the battery is dead, be sure to check the fluid level and add distilled water if necessary before recharging.

If the battery is OK / you answered "2)", I'm sorry to say that you've gone beyond what I can help you with. Seek the advice of a qualified mechanic.

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ Dead Battery!!! #3  
In addition to checking the battery condition, as Paul suggested, if it checks out as being good, then check the cable connections; corrosion or loose connections on either end of the cables can cause the same symptoms. If all that checks out, if you have a clamp meter, check to see what kind of amperage is being drawn when you hit the starter.

Bird