Dead CK30 tachometer

/ Dead CK30 tachometer #11  
I have done on vehicles exactly what you said about using the silicone tune up paste to lube keys, dipping it in, operating ign/or lock several times and wiping any excess off key.
Dry graphite in moderation shouldnt be a problem, it doesn't wet leach into contacts so my non scientific survey says its ok.

/ Dead CK30 tachometer
So far all is well after the eparts cleaner. I spent a half day running it on Friday and the tach worked great. The throttle, however, had frozen up and needed additional wd-40 to break it loose. I'll try chain lube from the motorcyle section next time.

/ Dead CK30 tachometer #13  
I see the growing list of Highbeams spare parts:
corner light, ignition switch, tie rod bar, loader frame, throttle linkage- and of course the usual list of filters and oils... lol

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Dead CK30 tachometer
Think I've got everything handled though except for that loader frame. That's a biggy. They don't make you keep the old one do they?

Then there's that silly dash with the clear plastic cover. I have gotten a good bit of dust behind the cover in a couple of hot spots. No water yet though.

Need a brush guard. I tried making one but can't find the time. Would rather be in the seat.

The real question is how many times do I break the same thing twice. I tend to learn my lessons about the equipment's limitations and not exceed them again, maybe I can pass a few of the particularly painful lessons to the TBN folks.

/ Dead CK30 tachometer #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll try chain lube from the motorcyle section next time. )</font>
Get you some of the white litium delayed viscosity spray lube. It works great, and lasts a long time.
John