Dead groundhog in pool

/ Dead groundhog in pool #41  
A neighbor of mine had his cover rip over winter. All the leaves and whatnot took up residence. In the spring the alge started. Throw in pump problems and he ended up stocking his pool that year. It was awesome. Frogs, a few nice blue gill, what a riot.

/ Dead groundhog in pool #42  
Funny, there is a Rabies vaccine for dogs but not humans.

/ Dead groundhog in pool #44  
Well, this is a reply to a 4 year old post, but what the heck... a good topic.

There is a preventative rabies vaccine for humans.

According to my Doc there is one, but the FDA won't allow it to be used. Had run in with a dead coon last year, got a tooth hole on my right index finger and looked into it then.

/ Dead groundhog in pool #45  
maybee it's a state thing?

my mom got bit by a ferral cat while a few cities north.. cat ran arounf a dumpster bit her then ran off wheile they were walking away from a restaurant... couldn't find the cat so the next day she went tot he health dept.. got the HRIG ( human rabies immune globulin ), plus the rabies vaccine.

now.. every 2 years she goes in and they do an anti body test.. and she gets a booster. :) byt he way this was don't at the county health dept.. not a private dr.

/ Dead groundhog in pool #46  
Well, this is a reply to a 4 year old post, but what the heck... a good topic.

There is a preventative rabies vaccine for humans.

According to my Doc there is one, but the FDA won't allow it to be used. Had run in with a dead coon last year, got a tooth hole on my right index finger and looked into it then.

The military gives some of their guys a rabies vaccine before some deployments

/ Dead groundhog in pool #47  
Shock treat the pool and if you're really worried, don't use it for two weeks. If I remember the history of Louis Pasteur's development of the first Rabies vaccine, he weakened the virus by leaving it exposed to sun and normal temperatures. It took 14 days from full infectiveness immediately upon removal from diseased animal, to total deactivation at 14 days. A chlorinated pool fully exposed to the sun should do the trick even better.

/ Dead groundhog in pool #48  
When I was growing up we had two public pools, We always went swimming in the upper pool and if any kid had the poo urge he would go to the lower end of the pool and let her fly. When it left the pool it was immediately in the shoals and evedentally it broke up on its way down to the lower pool because I never heard of anyone complaining about getting hit with a log in the lower pool.

Remember the funny "Baby Ruth" scene in Caddyshack??

/ Dead groundhog in pool #49  
Shock treat the pool and if you're really worried, don't use it for two weeks.

How about 5 years, since thats how old the thread is:thumbsup:

/ Dead groundhog in pool #50  
yup.. i noticed that!