Dead Iseki.

/ Dead Iseki. #1  

yomax4

Elite Member
Tractor
ISEKI TA 247. Stihl Saws Gravely Zt's Polaris ATV's State Of The Art Welding Equipment
Today I pulled a few small stumps. My TA247 ran great like always. When I went to move it to the shed I turned the key and nothing..Any other time I would turn the key to On and wait for a dozen clicks. Elect Fuel Pump? Or Glow Plugs. Unsure.. But this time Nothing. I put a 12v meter on the battery and it was 95%. I jumped a screwdriver accross the Solenoid and it would ckick. Nothing more. Can I expect that my starter suddenly went out? Or is there some safety thing Im unaware of. This is a Beautiful Tractor. Want to buy it? Any help would be great!.. Thanks.

/ Dead Iseki. #2  
Sounds like a battery cable to me. Take them of an clean the ends then put them back on.

/ Dead Iseki.
Thanks for the reply.. I did just clean up the battery cables. Also I have 12v at the starter. :confused:

/ Dead Iseki. #4  
Are there any safety switches that could be the issue, maybe on the clutch or seat?

/ Dead Iseki. #5  
If your cables are good, the battery is good, & you jumped a screwdriver across the Solenoid and it would click & nothing more, you have a bad solenoid. If you can give me the # from the starter, I should be able to supply you with a cheaper solenoid than what is available from Iseki..

/ Dead Iseki. #6  
Hi when you cleaned your cables did you clean the negative cable where it bolts to the frame?

/ Dead Iseki.
Thanks everyone. I did clean the Negative cable at the frame. That was it but the cable was a bit loose on the solenoid too. I knew this unit would never let me down. It was my self inflicted stupidity to not recover all the bases. Problem Solved> thanks again.

/ Dead Iseki. #8  
Welcome to TBN, glad you figured it out. You must of scared it into submission with the "Want to buy it?" comment.;)