Dead Mahindra 2615HST

/ Dead Mahindra 2615HST #1  

NorCalMatt

Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Hi all:

I have a 2615HST that is as dead as can be. It's likely a wiring issue, but I don't have a manual or a wiring diagram.

The issue is that even with a freshly charged battery, nothing happens when I turn the key. No dashboard lights, no solenoid clicking. Nothing.

I've looked for obvious things like a chewed up wire, but haven't found anything yet.

Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? And, does anyone have a wiring diagram I could look at? I've not had luck finding one on line.

Thanks!
NorCalMatt

/ Dead Mahindra 2615HST #2  
Hi Matt,
Be sure to check/clean all your grounds at the battery and chassis. Been fooled by the chassis ground more than once!
Also, my eMax has a group of large fuses near the battery up front. I had a really damp and humid morning and the tractor was comatose. Had it hauled to the dealer; turns out a 40 amp fuse had blown up front. never thought to look there.

/ Dead Mahindra 2615HST #3  
Hi Matt,
Be sure to check/clean all your grounds at the battery and chassis. Been fooled by the chassis ground more than once!
Also, my eMax has a group of large fuses near the battery up front. I had a really damp and humid morning and the tractor was comatose. Had it hauled to the dealer; turns out a 40 amp fuse had blown up front. never thought to look there.
I will second the checking your grounds. Also removing the battery cables and cleaning the connections. Mahindra tractors of this series as well as the Max series are known for there electrical problems with battery connections.

/ Dead Mahindra 2615HST #4  
Is there some safety switch that is keeping it from starting?

/ Dead Mahindra 2615HST #5  
Is there some safety switch that is keeping it from starting?
This is what I would look at... check the simple things first, then progress outward.
A multimeter
1691274289674.png
Klein Tools LCD Multimeter 1 pk - Ace Hardware

can save you a lot of time and grief. If you don't have one, buy one. It will become one of the handier tools at your disposal.

/ Dead Mahindra 2615HST #6  
Not sure if this helps but here’s a wiring diagram for a Mahindra max which is manufactured by MHI. I believe yours is also an MHI machine so it might be similar.
1691278123178.jpeg