Dead Truck Battery

/ Dead Truck Battery #11  
Years back friend had Ford pickup which was park on slight tilt about month,enough so light stay on inside engine on hood dead battery...wonder do they still offer light under hood???
Thomas, can you help clarify? Think I got the point, but no periods and maybe a few wrong words makes it a little more difficult, thanks

/ Dead Truck Battery #12  
Thomas, can you help clarify? Think I got the point, but no periods and maybe a few wrong words makes it a little more difficult, thanks
:oops:...yup if the hood was raised light would come on,pickup park on slope light would come even if the hood was closed.

/ Dead Truck Battery
I ordered a 10W solar panel with a built in controller so we will see how it works.

/ Dead Truck Battery
I checked all the lights vanity mirror, glove box and cabin lights did not see any on but that did raise a question. since the 12v plug has to be hot all the time in order to work and the only one I have is behind the console I think I will try to splice into the hot wire going to the glove box light on the hot side of the switch I think that should work and it would be a short run from the dash where the panel would be.

/ Dead Truck Battery #15  
Any non ignition key controlled lead will work. I keep forgetting that automakers have deleted ashtrays and lighters in new cars. My new Focus has neither but it has a 'power port' in the center console that is always hot. 10 watt panel should work fine.