Deal of the year???

/ Deal of the year??? #11  
The nursing home probably wrote it off of the books taking annual depreciations and were happy to get their 'book value'.
Also while they could have refurbished it the staff really wanted a nice new unit so you arrived at the right time.
I see this type of thing often at government auctions as well with many items barely out of warranty after 8-10 years of casual usage.
Buddy purchased a $12,000 extendable 8/12 ft reversible snow plow that the gov't agency had not even ever used and paid $3k.
Often it is all about using up budgets so as not to lose them.\
Like how about a Case 4 x 4 huge loader with 800 hrs c/w 3 buckets (snow/gravel/toothed digging) @ under $30K.? Happens.

/ Deal of the year??? #12  
Wow! That is an absolute steal, even with the rust.

/ Deal of the year??? #13  
after a few thousand spent on restoration, it'll look like new.. the question will be, is it cheaper to have an auto body shop repair the rusted out body, or just replace the rusted out parts, if still available..

/ Deal of the year??? #14  
after a few thousand spent on restoration, it'll look like new.. the question will be, is it cheaper to have an auto body shop repair the rusted out body, or just replace the rusted out parts, if still available..

Sounds like a good excuse for a new hobby and to possibly learn new things or new techniques. Patch panels are easy and the tools are fairly cheap to make and fit them. These days they even have structural adhesives if you'd rather not weld. Take a look at Eastwood Co. to see some of the tools and techniques.

/ Deal of the year??? #15  
Picked this up for $100 the other day(yes$100. I didn't forget a 0). Machine was the primary snow removal tool for sidewalks at a nursing home for 10 years . 580 hours. Came with blower, heated cab, spreader(motor on spreader is shot). Worked fine until last fall when it sprung a major hydraulic leak from around the steering pump under the seat. It's rusty and not in great shape but it started right up and sounded great after sitting all winter. After I poured a gallon of hydraulic fluid in it I was able to raise the snowblower and back it onto the trailer. It did dump most of that gallon in the 20' I moved it though. I don't need this for mowing, but my 2wd x500 really struggled on my hilly driveway during the big March snowstorms we got this year. The 4wd will be great for the hills. And the heated cab will be nice for this middle aged man. I think I got a pretty good deal on this.

So have you started fixing her up?

/ Deal of the year???
Since I have a toddler at home I had no time to work on this project so I sold it today. Got $2500 for it. Went to a guy who wanted a restoration project for him and his 14 year old son. I probably could have gotten more for it then I did, but I'm happy with the profit on my $100 investment. And I think if the buyer and his son get the hydraulic leak fixed they'll have a great tractor they can use or that they could sell for $6000-$7000.