Dealer Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs...

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs... #1  

texagswin97

Little Rock, Arkansas; 160 Acre Farm in Eastland
Interested in buying a 4WD, 35-40 hp w/ FEL. Will use in Central Texas area on my farm. Looking for good, trustworthy dealer in Texas who does not sell VN refurbs. Any recommendations from satisfied customers?? Thanks in advance for the help!

You guys think 35 HP is enough for plowing about 10 acres of food plots?
I'll also use it for mowing, post-hole drilling and box blading roads.
Thoughts on using box blade w/ 35 HP??

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs... #2  
texagswin97;
I have nine acres of food plots in PA that I put in using a YM336D, about 35 HP and 4 wheel drive. Our ground is rocky and pretty hard to work, so I think that size tractor would work well in Texas soil. Contact Hoye Tractor in Texas for a good deal on a Yanmar.

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs... #3  
Welcome to TBN!

Where in Central Texas..... lots of difference between cotton country and Edwards Plateau.... both Central Texas. Might expand your personal information.

35hp could be OK... will plow food plots fine... I've plowed lots larger fields with 35hp.... it's a struggle with that size hp tractor, have to make multiple passes, depends on what shape the ground is in. FEL a good idea, too.

PM me for my phone number and further info re dealers I've used.... depends where you are. some may be near you, or not... Central Texas big area. Lanford Equipment in Austin and Marble Falls are good Kubota folks. I know tractor dealers in Taylor and Temple, too.

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs...
Eastland texas is where my place is. I live in little rock, arkansas. Eastland is 55 miles east of abilene, 90 miles west of dallas on interstate 20. Thanks for recommendation. I read a few things about hoye on here. wichita falls is about 90 miles north.

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs... #5  
See my PM... Given that you have 160 acres, I'm wondering if you might not be well served to look toward a 50hp type tractor....

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs... #6  
See Stan Hoye (near Wichita Falls). Drive over to his place and drive his tractors. He had 15 or so when I bought mine from him and was expecting more soon. He'll let you drive 'em all.

He's no B.S. Fair pricing. Good tractors. When you see his ranch, you'll understand that he knows ag equipment.

I can't vouch for his after-sales support. I've put 38 pretty hard hours on mine in the two months I've owned it, and like he told me, "There's nothing wrong with it." He's right. It hasn't left a spot of grease or oil on my shop floor.

There are probably other reputable dealers in the state, but after shopping long and hard, I settled on the dealer before I chose a tractor.

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs... #7  
Are you specifically looking for Yanmar, or will any brand do? Four Brothers in Royce City (on I-30) between Greenville and Dallas sells New Holland. Not sure of their prices, but they are good folks to deal with, and they have been in business for a while.

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs...
Sounds like the rec. for yanmar dealer in texas is a pretty solid for Hoye in wichita falls. Thanks for your input. I am not against buying another brand but like what I have read about yanmar for the price/reliability with the small amount of work i'll be doing and expectation for long life.

/ Dealer in Texas not selling VN refurbs... #9  
Since you're in Texas, go with Hoye. You can't go wrong. Long story, but I almost bought one from him and I am in Louisiana.

Travis R