Dealer loyalty...

/ Dealer loyalty... #21  
LOL....

All of the (my) history (with a dealer) and (good or bad customer) service should be built into price (my side of the deal).

I'm not pretending to know how a dealers cost structure works here. You clearly misunderstand that I am saying that the BUYER should build these things into an acceptable and firm price quote. Of course the dealer builds his front end and service costs into the price or he won't be around for long. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif There are lot's of successful dealers out there without a busy service department. I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment that service is a common ket to success, but there are a lot of cars sold without service departments behind them, even on the internet. Heck, look at the success of at least one major Kubota internet dealer on the Eastern seaboard.

/ Dealer loyalty... #22  
<font color="blue"> Have you tried going to CarMax to see what they will give you </font>

I've been trying to sell my folk's car for them (they moved) and I took it to CarMax. It is a painless process, but they didn't offer even a low blue book value for the car. Unless it is pretty new (and three years old might make it), in great shape and low miles they'll just wholesale it and so they can't offer much, since they intend to make a profit no matter what. Can't really blame 'em for that.

Worth checking in to, though. They'll give you an offer within about an hour and you can take it or leave it. I will take a look at what they have the next time I need to buy a car - the prices weren't half bad.