Dealer Pains !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Dealer Pains !! #11  
if it is still on the lot , why would they not want to sell u that particular tractor? u should be able to pick out the one u want. something don't sound right here! don't take a demo model, if u wanted a demo, they should adjust the price a little, if u want new then u should have new. i would discuss it with the owner in a gentelmanly manner, and if u are not hapy then walk away. remember the goleden rule!!!!
<font color=red> YOU HAVE THE GOLD, SO U RULE!</font color=red>

/ Dealer Pains !! #12  
You might just have a problem then. Seeing as there is no specific tractor mentioned,only a model of tractor it is up to the dealer to only deliver you a tractor of that model.

What does the paper work say as to new,used,or demo?

What about options,and accessories? Are each spelled out exactly as you thought? Or are they just generic (5 foot boxblade etc...,but no brand)

/ Dealer Pains !! #13  
Was the tractor you selected used? If so did you check how many hours it had? I'm curious about the new tires. A tractor could have lots of hours and clean up so it looked great but have so many hours the tires had to be replaced and maybe there was an axle problem.

Check the hours on the machine the dealer "says" is yours. If the hours are less than the first one you selected, I'd take the second one but insist on new tires when they put the tread on that was ordered.

The other thing to keep in mind is that a lot of hard used tractors get new paint jobs, new decals and new tires. Then they get parked on the sales lot to wait for a buyer. Are you sure that tractor you first selected was what you thought it was?

/ Dealer Pains !!
Thanks for the reponse! The tractor I wanted had 1/10th of an hour on it. That's new to me or at least pretty close. I'm not expecting ZERO hours....but i am not accepting 50 either!! I didn't even check this other units hour meter, but will tomorrow.

/ Dealer Pains !! #15  
In any group of people (or tractor dealers) some will be stupid, some will be lazy and a few will be crooks. If you want a certain deal too bad you could get burned. Sometimes you have to walk away. Good luck /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

Chris

/ Dealer Pains !! #16  
I'm thinking that without the serial number written down on the paper work could be a problem, I shouldn't but could be. Just remember (some else has mentioned) work of mouth can be the dealer's best freind or worst enemy. One suggestion I would have, you may know this already, is to keep calm when trying to straighten this out. I deal with people not doing the job, ordering parts, looking up information, delivery problems ect. I would try to keep a smile, be very polite, be freindly. I know this is hard to do (I know because I can fly of the handle pretty easily/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif). Give it a try it's amazing what it can bring. Another thing that this helps is helps keep you calmer (somewhat) and keep you from saying stuff you may regret. Believe me, if this happened to me I would fly of the handle too. One last thing, I do think that the dealer is very dishonest. There could be just a communication problem with in the dealer, some else was looking buying the same time you where. But the dealer should have (as you mentioned) called and explained the situation to you. If you can't get what you want, get your money back and shop somewhere else. I'm sure Carver's would love your business and probably give you a better deal to boot.

Hope all turns out well.

/ Dealer Pains !! #17  
This thread caused me to check the paperwork for my tractor. The Sales Receipt lists all the equipment I bought, i.e., tractor, mmm and FEL. The salesman wrote in a description of each item and indicated each item was new. No serial number was indicated nor was there a place on the form for it, although it could have been written in the description field. The salesman filled this form in when I ordered the tractor (and placed a deposit) since what I wanted was not available on the lot. The dealer had a tractor at one of his locations and the mmm and the FEL were at another location. So, he was going to have to get the attachments and put them on a tractor.

All the paperwork I signed at delivery had serial numbers for each piece of equipment.

/ Dealer Pains !! #18  
Thread has been closed because this is a cross-post... continue any discussions in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=buykubota&Number=133428&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>this thread</A>.

Status
Not open for further replies.