Buying Advice Dealer Pricing

/ Dealer Pricing #1  

adimice

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330
I've got an L4330 HST, and I've had 2 other Kubotas. I need another one. Are dealer prices carved in stone? If they're asking 15K, we know they didn't give the previous owner 14K. It never hurts to make make an offer, but can I expect any reduction in the asking price. It would be a cash deal. Any thoughts! Thanks

/ Dealer Pricing #2  
After reading a ton of answers about this, the consensus seems to be that you should expect roughly 10-15% off the "build it" prices on the manufacturer's websites. I've seen a few posts where buyers got 18% off that price.

/ Dealer Pricing #3  
After reading a ton of answers about this, the consensus seems to be that you should expect roughly 10-15% off the "build it" prices on the manufacturer's websites. I've seen a few posts where buyers got 18% off that price.

Pretty sure he's talking used since he mentions the previous owner.

I'd guess there's some wiggle room in used prices, but that might vary from machine to machine...depends on what the deal was when they took it in trade.

/ Dealer Pricing #4  
Oops. :ashamed: My bad...and I almost had a helpful reply. :laughing: Dammmit.

I'm blaming it on not having hit my proper caffeine intake yet. :D

/ Dealer Pricing #5  
If it is gonna be a 'real cash' deal, then I would decide on what I want and find out the price, then flop X number of dollars on the table and just say take it or leave it. If the dealer says no, scoop up your cash and walk out. Remember that the dealer cant eat the tractor, but he sure can buy lots of food with the cash.

/ Dealer Pricing
Follow up on my thread from a couple of days ago. The tractor is a Kubota L3830 GST, 600 hrs with loader, real clean. THE DEALER WANTED 17K, I ended up getting it for 15.5K. Thanks JF, I used your 10%-15% thingy.