Dealer sold me a light duty scraper blade

/ Dealer sold me a light duty scraper blade
Please take no offense. You would be a salesman's worst nightmare. :D

Believe me they have it easier than me and make more money than me making a living. I'm not really trying to be a pain. I get beat up all day by nature and have curveballs and knuckleballs always coming my way. I'm hurt physically and mentally nearly every day ;) I work on an organic vegetable farm, do deliveries and a market, not including mechanic on the side. I've dealt with tons of parts guys and shop writers etc. when I was an actual mechanic. I'm an easy guy to get along with, timing isn't great here in this situation with me being busy and the holiday weekend just passed.

I am a bit naive about new tractor deals. I'm actually an example of how he rushed me through the sales process and never even really got to the core of what's needed, why, and how to get it. Both of us are paying the price, and with all the crap I deal with I don't really feel to bad for him having to click around and type some things up?

If things went better when I initially asked him about this blade then I wouldn't even had made this thread, he tried to give me a run-around and I'm politely asking for his help to get me sorted right. What's so nightmarish about that?

/ Dealer sold me a light duty scraper blade #52  
Nothing nightmarish at all.

You agreed to buy a blade that you now don't like.

You now want to trade for a heavier blade.

You now are considering forks rather than a blade.

Nothing nightmarish at all. :D

Maybe I am guilty of living in my own little world? Jeez I should probably keep that rattling in my head to myself and off the interwebs! Now you guys all get to laugh at that poor salesman and here I am thinking I'm a poor customer :laughing:

...should I come back and update on what actually happens out of this? That poor guy, maybe I'll slip him a $20 under the table for putting up with my antics? And that will be the ONLY thing going on under that table, nothing personal he's just not really my type.

/ Dealer sold me a light duty scraper blade #54  
Everyone here is glad you joined and started your thread. Many have offered suggestions about what to do. None can resolve your issue. That's up to you and the salesman. No one is laughing at anyone.

Whether you update this thread or not is your personal decision. For me, I'm curious as to the outcome and what implement you end up with. :D

Sounds good! :thumbsup:

Hopefully there is more to read here in the morning before I head out and try again.

/ Dealer sold me a light duty scraper blade #56  
Coboco, keep the threads coming. We're all waiting to see how this comes out. While we're waiting...

Has your tractor already been delivered? - How do you like it?
What are your intended uses?
Did you get any other implements?

/ Dealer sold me a light duty scraper blade #57  
Coboco, I can assure you ovrszd is not making fun of you nor you experience. I also appreciate you sharing your experience and also want to see what comes of it.

I wish you had been blessed enough to have worked with salesman like mine on my first tractor. His name was Tommy Stuckey and had he remained with a dealer near enough to buy from probably would have been the only salesman I ever had. He just about got on my nerves asking me questions on my experience, needs, how would be using it and no idea what other questions. He ask every step of the way and would not even consider talking price till he know what me needs were. Here I am over 25 years later bragging on him.

Coboco, keep the threads coming. We're all waiting to see how this comes out. While we're waiting...

Has your tractor already been delivered? - How do you like it?
What are your intended uses?
Did you get any other implements?

Yes sir it was delivered last Friday - I love it! Haven't had it out my farm yet but around the house/neighborhood it's been impressive. Dug a mini pond for one neighbor, and moved some large logs for another. Got 2 big loads of woodchips and logs out of my driveway that had been sitting there, loaded them into my buddy's dump trailer and taken to the farm. It's really a time saver and a back saver. I did everything by shovel and wheelbarrow until now!

Multi-functional uses for me - I needed small and agile enough to easily load/unload on the trailer and use for working tree removal and landscape jobs in suburban areas. I also have a hilly farm that is bare bones right now, and intend on leveling off and grading more pathways around the property and "basecamp" areas around the barn/shed etc. Plenty of rock and wood to move around there too. Also establishing some small-ish planting areas for crops such as pumpkins, potatoes, corn and beans but first need to break some ground and get cover crops in.

I got a toothbar for the 66" front bucket, a 3rd function control so I can rent a grapple for certain tree jobs, beet juice in rears and spaced as wide as possible, and a 5' rotary cutter to help control the pasture areas. I like to selective cut sections to promote wildflower growth for polinators/wildlife habitat but it's been rough on my pull behind atv finish mower lol.

I'd like to eventually get pallet forks, a scarifier and disc type bed shaper. I'm really liking how those scarifiers have a 3pt built into them to tag-a-long a scraper blade or landscape rake. I think for my style of minimal-till, heavy compost farming that I want to do it would be awesome! It will definitely be a learning process to see what can be done and what is needed.

/ Dealer sold me a light duty scraper blade #60  
Maybe one day I'll get this figured out. Been so busy didn't make it back to the dealer until this morning.

My luck, he wasn't in til 10am so I walked out back with another salesman and scoped out the attachments they had in stock. I think we'll work something out. At this point I'd rather just drop that $550 off my deal but then it would be more complicated through Kubota so we'll see...I noticed the PFL1242 light pallet forks sitting there. Of course seem overpriced for what it is around $650 but that would be a pretty straight up trade that I might get better use from? I didn't even ask the price on the 2042 but thinking they are $750. For moving logs (on them and chain lifting) and pallets of wood and compost, and also hoping to pick out some rocks etc. maybe the 1242 would get it done?

Again, a heavier duty used forks on CL is ideal, or even another manufacturer's new - but I'm most likely trying stick to a close to even swap with them and get this blade gone and this deal done.

These do seem better Compact Pallet Forks with 42 inch Tines
In fact most things from EA are looking better to me not just price wise but performance wise, Especially the grader blade they have lol.

The EA 6 way Deluxe Scrape blade is a wonderful piece of equipment!
I LOVE mine (I have had 3 lower quality blades)!