Dealer DEALER TRADE IN QUESTION

/ DEALER TRADE IN QUESTION #1  

Muleskinner

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 KUBOTA B2650ROPS
Does anyone know of a west coast Kubota dealer that will take a Kubota tractor in as a trade in on a new Kubota tractor?

/ DEALER TRADE IN QUESTION #2  
All dealers will take trade ins, but from what my dealer told me, it's better to sell your used tractor outright because Kubota financing is better for new tractors than for used, so folks are more likely to buy new because of the financing. As an example, my dealer was only going to give me $9,000.00 for a 3 yr old BX2230 when I wanted to trade in for a B7800. I got $10,00.00 selling it myself, and probably would've gotten more, but I sold it to a friend.
Good luck,
Pat

/ DEALER TRADE IN QUESTION
All dealers won't take trade in's. My Kubota dealer will not, as they say they do not have the capital to do so, or I would be trading my tractor. They still have twe or three old trade ins they can't seem to sell. So again, my question is, what west coast dealer in the California are will take a trade in?

/ DEALER TRADE IN QUESTION #5  
I had no problem trading mine in. I even did it over the internet and a phone call. And on top of that I was Anaconda,Iraq. Everything worked out great they held at the store till I got back.

Well it looks like I will have to start calling some Kubota dealers, as mine won't, not for any amount. It sucks as he is the closest and the one I have done business with.

/ DEALER TRADE IN QUESTION #7  
If you're not going to be able to buy locally, try Brady Barlow. He will ship right to your door and may take the trade too. I got really good pricing from him though I ended up buying locally since it was my first real tractor and I was a little worried about warranty claims.

here's the link Barlow Equipment - Home of the Kubota Tractor Package Builder

/ DEALER TRADE IN QUESTION #8  
I'm not surprised about Muleskinner's experience. I'm in Louisiana and I recently tried to trade a 2003 Grand L3130 with a LA513 loader, front and rear remotes and 220 hours. This was a very clean garage kept tractor with by the book service that I paid $16800 for. Three dealers within a 60 mile radius all gave me a trade-in value of $11,000. I told them all no thanks and sold the tractor myself for $13,600.

I really don't believe the "tractors hold their value" statement. Put it up for sale on craigslist and you will get plenty of interest.

I believe what is happening here is the guys who had dealers take their trade in's got wholesale for the tractors. The dealers are not going to give you what the tractor is really worth, as they want to buy it cheap so they can make a profit when they resell it. I don't blame the dealers, but I'm not going to give my clean tractor away cheap.

hammer1995 said:
I'm not surprised about Muleskinner's experience. I'm in Louisiana and I recently tried to trade a 2003 Grand L3130 with a LA513 loader, front and rear remotes and 220 hours. This was a very clean garage kept tractor with by the book service that I paid $16800 for. Three dealers within a 60 mile radius all gave me a trade-in value of $11,000. I told them all no thanks and sold the tractor myself for $13,600.

I really don't believe the "tractors hold their value" statement. Put it up for sale on craigslist and you will get plenty of interest.

Yep you are correct. I found a local Kubota dealer who was willing to take my tractor in on trade for a new M59 this week. Now mind you, my 07 M7040HD is super clean and only has 312 hours on it. The dealer offered me $20,000.00 for my tractor in trade. I guess you can figure out what my answer to him was.