Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #1  

couchsachraga

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4520 cab... formerly Yanmar 336D
Greetings...

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes...I'm looking for an older used 30-40Hp 4wd tractor in the Adirondacks of upstate NY...are there any dealers TBNers recommend in my neck of the woods (in gereral Upstate NY and northern Vermont), and any to avoid?

Thank you in advance,
Adam

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #2  
The term 'older' makes it a bit difficult, but north of Camden NY on Rt 13 there is a tractor dealership called Kennedy Implement or some such thing. I believe his number is (315) 964-5111 - if I am off by a digit you can certainly find him with directory assist. He works the auctions and always has a variety of machines from $3500 - 10,000. Beyond that (moving south) there is White's Farm Supply with multple locations and Cazenovia Equipment also with multiple locations. I believe both have websites that are easy to find. Good luck!

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont
More info...

I'll be a bit more specific-I'm trying to find an older 4wd machine with a loader for 7500-10k. I'd like to get one of the big 3 to insure parts availability, etc....

Thank you!
Adam

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #4  
I went by a dealer last night that has a used Kabota with a FEL and a Woods backhoe on it. The dealer is Wimble and Sons in Georgia Vt (802-524-4217). They are a MF dealer, good folks to deal with. I don't know the model of the Kub, but it looked to be in the 30 horse range. Might be worth a phone call for you.

Corm

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #5  
Try Walt's equipment sales in Montpelier Vermont. Good people and good prices. I just bought a used Kubota for a fine price.

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #6  
Champlain Valley Equipment in Middlebury, VT (802) 388-4967 (30+ miles south of Burlington)
They are a New Holland and Kubota dealer (and one of the larger Woods dealers in the area). They have a couple of used NH compacts that I saw (TC 29D's w/turf tires, and I think one larger one). Last time I passed through they also had a bunch of used JD's sitting on the lot. Good guys to deal with.

Also try Bechard's in Champlain, NY. They have the best prices on new NH compacts that I've found. I believe they usually have some used equipment around as well.

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #7  
I would also highly recomend ackerman equ/Walts,he has many compacts in stock as of last weekend,I have purchased from him before,any wouldnt hesatate to buy from Him again

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #8  
I've had a couple of horrible experiences with the new owner before he bought out old Walt. Won't be taking my business there now.

Pete

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #9  
Two dealers I can suggest in Saratoga County, perhaps not so far south of you:

1. Jerry Stone at Clifton Park Lawn & Leisure (518) 877-5059 (JD). I purchased my JD4300 from him, very pleased all around. They're close to I87 Exit 10, a mile from my house. Jerry was willing to deal to get my business. Has a decent selection of new and used equipment.

2. Kevin Emerich of Emerich Sales in Charlton, NY (518) 399-8574 (Kubota). I know Kevin deals very low prices. Can't comment on service (no experience).

If you're willing to go about an hour further, call Dave Handy of Sharon Springs Garage (518) 284-2811 (Kubota)

/ Dealers in upstate NY / Vermont #10  
You may want to try Allen Farm Equipment (518-692-2676) in Schaghticoke (Route 40), just south of Greenwich, Washington County. They're large ag dealer, sometimes have large number of used machines up for sale. They deal fair prices. I bought by 425 from them and will get my 4710 from them this Spring.

Salem Farm Supply (518-854-7424), Salem, NY 15 mi. north of Cambridge, also large Kubota dealer. They have huge used equipment auctions every March (second or third Sat). Can provide more info when I start to see them advertise. Hope this helps.