Dealers in upstate NY

/ Dealers in upstate NY
Yeah, last I knew it is Ralphie IV; and he's a she! I'm sure I don't need to tell you about docility/trainability of cows vs. bulls. So far the Buffs are 1 up 1 down and not performing as well as the national media expected when ranking them in the top ten. But hey, I'm a fan so I still watch.

I'm sure I'll get in touch w/ Bob at some point to hear his take on it - a very appealing option.

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY #22  
<font color=blue>"...sometimes it's about a company living on a reputation and people coming to buy like zombies."</font color=blue>

Don't disagree with you here. But, JD has had over a hundred years to build that reputation and in that time I feel they've strived to build a quality product and brand loyalty.

I recently bought a 4710. I know I could have spent thousands less by buying a lesser known brand and likely a well made lesser brand at that. However, I've had two previous JD garden tractors. I loved them both. This is what drew me back to JD. As hard as it was, I plucked down my money and brought home a real nice 4710....a machine I know I'll likely have for the rest of my life.

Bob

/ Dealers in upstate NY #23  
<font color=blue>BTW, how do you like that TC33D? I read lots of good things about them. Any major shortcomings you have discovered?</font color=blue>

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. We have a new son (6 months old) and a new house that is just getting finished, so I've been pretty preoccupied.

I'm very happy with my TC33D. It fits my needs almost perfectly (which is probably one of the main reasons I've been so happy with it). I needed somethin powerful enough to do some brush hogging of pastures and dense saplings, and small enough to create and maintain trails through our woods. Along the way, it's also maintained 1300 ft of gravel road/driveway. We'll see how it does with snow this winter.

The only problems I've had have been minor (sticking steering column adjustment, for example). These were taken care of promptly under warranty. I did manage to knock the hydaulic filter and mounting off from up on the frame inside the right rear tire (backed up just the wrong way and flipped a large flat rock up to knock it off). Called the dealer after hours and left a message with an urgent request for repair. He was out before noon the next day with a filter and bracket to get me going mounting flange stripped from a TC33 he had on the lot). A good example of why I decided to go local!

John Mc

/ Dealers in upstate NY #24  
I live near Ithaca, NY. I purchased a JD4300 tractor from a dealer in PA (NO Sales Tax). He was glad to deliver, and has picked it up for service several times. I'm not sure if he'd be interested in going that far North, but you might give Ken Bartholemew a call at "Rolling Acres" in Tunkhaunick (spelling?). Great people to deal with.