dealership nightmare

/ dealership nightmare #11  
Dear Sir: I am somewhat puzzled. In your post, you stated that "I read label on oil bucket in parts and it doesn't meet Kubota specs". You also stated that the tractor wouldn't start, and that the 3 point hitch was on backwards and that each fender had only one bolt in them instead of the required 4 bolts. Did you notice this before you took your tractor Home? Apparently you noticed the wrong oil was used before you took possession of your tractor since you stated that you "read label n oil bucket in PARTS" Did you not check your Tractor out before you picked it up from the dealer? You obviously had adequate time to do so, since you stated that you saw 4 mechanics working on your Tractor and that you even observed one mechanic pouring generic oil in the tranny. I am confused as to why you accepted your Tractor and paid the bill. If you took your Tractor home from the dealer, you obviously had to start it to put the tractor on the trailer. The more I look over and read your post, I am still pondering why you accepted your Tractor without first checking the work performed on it.

Spot on and what I was also wondering...

/ dealership nightmare #13  
So if you watched a mechanic work on your tractor and saw a pail of hydro oil near it that didn't meet spec yet wasn't being poured into your tractor while you watched what would you do? Most people would be cautious but assume a dealership would make sure the correct oil was put in the tractor, sure they might be leery but most wouldn't say a word. Sure he should have looked the tractor over better when picking it up but when you just want your tractor back you don't always spot things. What sort of troll would come here to post yet not bash Kubota and not name the dealer?

/ dealership nightmare #16  
Why not. He made some logical observations :confused:
I agree. If you didnt like what was being done to your tractor, why didnt you stop it?
One speculation on the oil, what if they get bulk Kubota oil/hydraulic fluid in 55 gal drums and were re-using a aftermarket bucket to dispense Kubota fluids? Wouldnt be the first time such athing was done.

Aaron Z

/ dealership nightmare #17  
Dear Sir: I am somewhat puzzled. In your post, you stated that "I read label on oil bucket in parts and it doesn't meet Kubota specs". You also stated that the tractor wouldn't start, and that the 3 point hitch was on backwards and that each fender had only one bolt in them instead of the required 4 bolts. Did you notice this before you took your tractor Home? Apparently you noticed the wrong oil was used before you took possession of your tractor since you stated that you "read label n oil bucket in PARTS" Did you not check your Tractor out before you picked it up from the dealer? You obviously had adequate time to do so, since you stated that you saw 4 mechanics working on your Tractor and that you even observed one mechanic pouring generic oil in the tranny. I am confused as to why you accepted your Tractor and paid the bill. If you took your Tractor home from the dealer, you obviously had to start it to put the tractor on the trailer. The more I look over and read your post, I am still pondering why you accepted your Tractor without first checking the work performed on it.

I will not even dignify those comments with a answer

Wow is about all I can say. If you want any sympathy or help from us on this board, you certainly aint gonna get it with responses like that.

I gather from the tone of your post that you witnessed something you were unhappy with (pouring wrong oil in). And rather than say anything, you gladly accepted the tractor back, Paid the bill in full, and now want to sue???? I really dont think you will get anywhere.

Its all about proof. You need pictures and you needed to confront them and not pay the bill to get any kind of resolve. Now it is just going to be a he-said she-said. You say the fenders had one bolt. Dealer says they put all 4 in. It isnt hard for someone unhappy to take 3 bolts out of a fender once they get home and then complain to the dealer. Just saying......

And why wouldnt the tractor start the first time???? Obviousy it started now. So you got no complaint at all their IMO. Maybe just something stupid like forgetting to hook a safety switch back up. Or forgetting that they unhooked the battery for whatever reason....

And aczlan makes an excellent point on the oil. And the crud you "claim" came out when you drained a few gallons.....well maybe that was already inside your tractor?? Maybe it needs a good flushing??? Can you prove that it wasnt in their already??. The burden of proof is on YOU my friend. You cannot just make wild accusations. You have to back them up with fact AND PROOF or you are wasting your time.

/ dealership nightmare #18  
LD1 said:
Wow is about all I can say. If you want any sympathy or help from us on this board, you certainly aint gonna get it with responses like that.

I gather from the tone of your post that you witnessed something you were unhappy with (pouring wrong oil in). And rather than say anything, you gladly accepted the tractor back, Paid the bill in full, and now want to sue???? I really dont think you will get anywhere.

Its all about proof. You need pictures and you needed to confront them and not pay the bill to get any kind of resolve. Now it is just going to be a he-said she-said. You say the fenders had one bolt. Dealer says they put all 4 in. It isnt hard for someone unhappy to take 3 bolts out of a fender once they get home and then complain to the dealer. Just saying......

And why wouldnt the tractor start the first time???? Obviousy it started now. So you got no complaint at all their IMO. Maybe just something stupid like forgetting to hook a safety switch back up. Or forgetting that they unhooked the battery for whatever reason....

And aczlan makes an excellent point on the oil. And the crud you "claim" came out when you drained a few gallons.....well maybe that was already inside your tractor?? Maybe it needs a good flushing??? Can you prove that it wasnt in their already??. The burden of proof is on YOU my friend. You cannot just make wild accusations. You have to back them up with fact AND PROOF or you are wasting your time.

Well said!! Obviously the tractor started to get out of the shop and on the trailer to get home. The lawsuit will be an uphill battle if you treat the judge just like you did the board members here. Good luck.

/ dealership nightmare #19  
Well said!! Obviously the tractor started to get out of the shop and on the trailer to get home. The lawsuit will be an uphill battle if you treat the judge just like you did the board members here. Good luck.
Ayep. If the judge feels that you are wasting his time it can do very bad things (like having your lawsuit declared frivolous and ordering you to pay their legal bills).

Aaron Z
(I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV)