death of regular cab pickups

/ death of regular cab pickups #11  
I like a 4 door pickup. I don’t have much need for passengers but it’s a good place for tools and my dog.

/ death of regular cab pickups #12  
I have a Crew Cab Dually with an 8-foot box. The trouble is at 22 feet long it's getting harder to park and maneuver.

It gets turned away at carwashes and in the last parking spot I backed into both rear tires with sitting on the lines.
My 1999 Ford F350 diesel Crew Cab Dually with an 8-foot box also has 4X4. A leaf spring front end does not turn well. A semi truck will turn a sharper corner than I can.
Someday I will trade it for a smaller truck. It does haul well and tow well though

/ death of regular cab pickups #13  
It's sad to see them fade away, but times change. I've never actually owned a regular cab; before kids I had extended cabs, the perfect place for storage, dogs, tools, etc. Once I had kids? A crew-cab has been a life saver on the odd occasion I need the rear seats.

/ death of regular cab pickups #14  
Only reg cab trucks I've ever been able to tolerate have been 2nd gen and newer Rams, and my 2010 is only a reg cab because I didn't have any say in what my enployer purchased. Otherwise I can't imagine living without at least an extended cab. It's VERY frequent that I need/want secure and weatherproof storage of stuff, but not near enough stuff to justify a bed topper or large SUV...plus its just too much of a PITA to crawl to the front of the bed. The extended cab/crew cabs work wonderfully for this, and I'll gladly deal with parking of things like my F350 crew cab long bed dually for this convenience.

I'm more bitter that trying to find used long bed anythings that hasn't been completely beaten to the ground is like finding a unicorn anymore.

/ death of regular cab pickups #15  
Local Ford dealer had 20-30 regular cab F250/350s on the lot. Does not seem that there is any difficulty getting one here if that's what you want
Are you sure those you see are available for sale? Most often I have found that they are already sold to fleets and are awaiting delivery.

/ death of regular cab pickups #16  
This is a big reason I went with the older Tahoe. I looked at a few pickups and they all had short beds, some under 6 feet. Why? And other than cramming people in a smaller than normal backseat, what is the point of the ex-cabs? They're not set up for storage or cargo. I was planning on removing the back seat in the one PU and adding some kind of racking for groceries and bags so I wouldn't have to leave them in an open bed. And it only had three doors .. more like 2 1/2 really. Sure you can add a cover, but those aren't fun to open and close several times a day.

This give me four doors, OK six doors with the rears. I'll have plenty of room inside and secured. I'll add some totes or compartments of some kind to keep things from sliding around. Probably a cooler too for frozen stuff because it can take me a couple of hours to get home after grocery stores.

I'm thinking about pulling the back seat but I need to take some measurements first.

But like I said, an older Tahoe because the new ones are smaller inside, even if they're longer overall.

/ death of regular cab pickups #17  
In our area no regular cab pickup offer also second hand.
I sure like my 2015 GMC 4WD...has roll up windows. :)

/ death of regular cab pickups #19  
I wanted a Colorado when I went to buy a truck,, this was the same price,,
How could I say no!!?? :eek:

L7v3SGR.jpg

:ROFLMAO: so,, blame me,, !! :rolleyes: