Debating 3 tractors.... help me weigh the pros and cons!

/ Debating 3 tractors.... help me weigh the pros and cons! #11  
Let me start by explaining what I intend to use the tractor for.

I have purchased 8 acres of timber (pine tree plantation with trees around 10" diameter). A logging crew is thinning the trees out and will also clear out a 1-2 acre area for landing. I plan to use this cleared out landing spot to build a house on. I plan to use the tractor to clean up the landing and prepare it for a house. The area is fairly dry and flat. I also will use it for gravel and driveway purposes. I will have a track hoe at my disposal for digging up stumps or other jobs the tractor shouldn't be doing. The tractor's second use will be for bush hogging and planting at my deer lease.

My budget is really around $15,000 and I want a tractor in the 3,000lb-4,000lb range with HST and around 35hp. This may be over kill for my immediate needs, but something tells me to get a little bigger than what I think I will want. I intend to keep this tractor for many years.

I am a mechanically inclined person and work on my own things when it doesn't involve tearing into an engine or transmission (haven't tried that stuff yet). Dealer location is great, but not a deal breaker for me.

The tractors that I have found semi-locally are below.

2014 Mahindra 1538HST 138hrs
tractor is 212 miles away
$15,500
dealer is 20 miles away

2016 Branson 3520H 170hrs
tractor is 58 miles away
$16,000
dealer is 110 miles away

Case DX35 (not sure on year) 1200hrs
tractor is 162 miles away
$14,000
dealer is 53 miles away

consider new - i know, more money- BUT better financing.

I just got a Kioti CK35HST, new, loader, filled tires, a few options (rear remote, linked pedal, cruise (for brushogging) - 22451 out the door, BUT it's 327/mo for 6 years including full coverage insurance AND 6 years of warranty - so I should be good for 6 years.

Interest (and you still need insurance due to the loan) on a used tractor made it about the same price.

the 26hp, same frame, is right in your price range.

IMPLEMENTS are what will get you - if you buy new it's damned pricey.

I bought a box blade new (landpride 48") for my last tractor (older kubota) and gonna keep it for the new one though it's wider than the blade.
Brush hog - got a used 6' bush hog yesterday for only $550 - BUT - new they're nearly $2,000 (****, this one was from 1989, receipt in envelope he gave me - cost $1750 29 years ago!)
Post hole auger, got it new, $750.
A few misc items (carry all, trailer mover, etc)

Next is forks (300-700 range), would like a back blade, plow, rake, disk, maybe a tiller...

Doubt I'll do hay...but it's under consideration..so $8-10k* more in equipment there *used..got help me on new prices

****** As to your brands... I rarely hear anything across the board bad about any brand. Parts would be a concern cause things break. Service..depends on the issue.

I looked a bit at mahindra (close dealer) and they make some models, tym makes some of them, etc. Some are good, some less so. Don't like them.
Kubota is always a winner, as most say JD is - but you'll pay a premium.
Rural King's brand is priced nice, featured well but service...from a big box store? They are TYM - so parts should be around.

Never heard of branson, nobody here runs case, even though my kioti dealer sell their stuff he said he sells 10-15 kioti for every case.

Many here have new holland, seems priced a tad higher compared to kioti. Mahindra used to be cheaper..seems they're increasing prices up near NH.

Massey Ferguson is chinese I beleive, iseki brand I believe.

I too went up a size from what I 'need' - figure i'll work it less hard for the most part and when i need that extra oomph, it's there.

/ Debating 3 tractors.... help me weigh the pros and cons!
Thanks for all of the responses. I will consider everything you guys are saying.

After reading, I would not take that thread very seriously.

Pretty tough choice. All three are just what you are looking for and all 3 have downsides. Mahindra-some quality issues,Branson-unclear future, Case- hours and age. I might look for a tractor with a loader. It is the best part of a tractor that size and you will use it more than you will ever imagine, You can usually get it cheaper on the tractor than as an add on later.

All three of these have a loader, I forgot to mention that.

/ Debating 3 tractors.... help me weigh the pros and cons! #13  
Thanks for all of the responses. I will consider everything you guys are saying.

All three of these have a loader, I forgot to mention that.

Good, that being said, I don't know which I would pick, so I probably keep looking but I might be tempted by the Branson.

/ Debating 3 tractors.... help me weigh the pros and cons! #14  
They all look like they are in the hunt.

The Case/IH and New Hollands made by Shibaura were just excellent however that tractor is probably 10 years older than the others.

Definitely agree. My New Holland TC35DA was the best tractor I ever owned.

/ Debating 3 tractors.... help me weigh the pros and cons! #15  
I've owned several and own two now. Branson was and is my choice. I wouldn't buy a Mahindra after looking at one.

That's my opinion, one of many...

/ Debating 3 tractors.... help me weigh the pros and cons! #16  
Two brands that I consider sleepers (as in good but not well known) are LS and Branson. Lots of happy customers of both.