decided on size - narrowed to 2 brands

/ decided on size - narrowed to 2 brands
Thanks for the pictures. I see what you mean. That is something to consider.

Another thing I liked about the Deere is the way the loader is removed/replaced. It looks really simple and easy.

Coaster, you are right - it is a matter of preference for some. I have a friend who has a Kioti. It was actually his purchase that inspired me to retire the old 2N. He has been very happy with his tractor.

/ decided on size - narrowed to 2 brands #13  
Soundguy said:
The only thing I'd say was to go back and drive the tc-30.. Before i spend 15K$ of money.. I'd want to know I touched everything.. and to dismiss a tractor due to boxy/plainness may be premature. Once you set on it.. then you will know.

That said.. the tc30 is generally an economy model. if you are looking for lots of features.. it may not fit your needs.. however it won't cost anything to check.

The hp ranges is good.. 26-30 .. etc.

Soundguy
LOL I took a look at the TC30 and several others too and I did dismiss it because it was ugly same with the Kubota B30/30 they were just too ugly LOL But then I'm kind of shallow. I like pretty things

/ decided on size - narrowed to 2 brands #14  
I'm on the opposite side of the road. i like the plain spartan boxy looking machines. I like have a trans between my legs vs a flat op platform.

When i look at the dash on my 2002 7610s and my 1975 5000 they are all but identical. Just a 4x8 dash cluster, a headlamp switch, key switch and hand throttle.

The NH XX10s series was designed as a more economy line.. less features... etc, compaired to say.. the XX20 series, which i considder as feature 'laden'.. etc. bells & whistles.. sometimes gongs..

All that 'flash' tends to eat up the 'cash' without giving you any more 'tractor' to work with. ( exceptions are features that help productivity based on application.. I.E. hydro for fel use.. )

Soundguy

Well, I've decided the extra features are worth an extra 1500 or so to me. On the B3030 I get folding ROPs, cruise, telescoping 3pt, position control (vs B7800 qrtr inching), ratcheting 3pnt level adjustment, nicer seat, quick detach bucket (in case I want forks later), no clutch to mess with, and the option to add a cab.

It looks like John Deere may loose out by default. I cannot find a 2520 within 200 miles. It looks good on paper. There are a few features I prefer over the B3030, but in the end I think the extra hp of the 3030 would have won me over anyway.

I was quoted 16,100 for JD 2520 with loader. Dealer said he could get it to me in about a month.

I was quoted 16,900 for the B3030 with loader. Can be ready in about 4 hours! Looks like orange may be in my future. Sorry Sooner fans.

Someone said on his site that you could drive yourself crazy trying to make a decision. Man is that right. There are so many options, and each make/model has some variation that makes it attractive. I've studied manuals and web pages till I thought my head would explode - too much info. At some point you have to quit analyzing and just go with your gut.

My gut is saying B3030.

By the way, the Kubota and JD dealers I visited today were much more helpful and I think I could do business with either of them.

Thanks for all the help on this site. It has the most comprehensive information anywhere, and your shared opinions and experiences have been most helpful.

/ decided on size - narrowed to 2 brands #17  
That is a great tractor. It is a little nicer than mine But I love the look of the B7800 but it is the same tractor for the most part. Good luck you will love it

/ decided on size - narrowed to 2 brands #18  
I really thought I wanted teleoscoping link ends until I tried the I match. Now I just back up and lift the three point implement on the tractor and lock in place. Works pretty slick. By the way, I take care of 6 acres with ease with a JD 2320. Have about 4 acres of pasture that I mow with a 48 bush hog. Also clearing out some tree lines and fixing some lanes.

The B3030 is a nice machine and one I strongly considered. I might have purchased one, but the local dealer is pretty high priced compared to the JD dealer.

I have the same response to the Kioti lineup as well. I'm sure they are excellent tractors (probably beter than my Deere) but I just didn't care for them myself. Prices looked good for what you get, but they just felt less refined to me.

Good luck with your decision.

I did it!!! I told the dealer I would take his offer if he would include a 60" bucket (the tractor had a 54") with a toothbar and a couple of hooks. He took me up on it. We made the deal late in the afternoon, so he said it would be ready tomorrow. He also has to change to R4 tires.

I also got a 60" Woods RFM for 1450.

I already own a 5' brush hog, box blade, and angle blade so I am set for a lot of work.

A 1947 2N Ford will be for sale soon.

The check is ready - I'll be waitin' on a phone call.

/ decided on size - narrowed to 2 brands #20  
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Very nice rig!

Please Post some pics when you get it home!