Decided to go for broke--one ton flatbed truck for tractor towing

/ Decided to go for broke--one ton flatbed truck for tractor towing #11  
1*I'm wanting a 1 ton
2*I'm considering a 1 ton SRW pick up and replacing the pick up bed with a flat bed dump.

I can't use a gooseneck trailer because I want /need to be able to use the bed to haul and dump with at the same time I'm pulling the trailer.

You can use a gooseneck hitch on a dumping flatbed. They make some that are recessed into the bed and come with hinged covers so you can fill bed with material.

Kyle

/ Decided to go for broke--one ton flatbed truck for tractor towing #12  
I can't use a gooseneck trailer because I want /need to be able to use the bed to haul and dump with at the same time I'm pulling the trailer.
You can use a gooseneck hitch on a dumping flatbed. They make some that are recessed into the bed and come with hinged covers so you can fill bed with material.
I think you missed where he says that he wants to be able to haul and dump at the same time (See the bolded line I added to the message you replied to above)

Aaron Z

/ Decided to go for broke--one ton flatbed truck for tractor towing #13  

Kyle

1*I think you missed where he says that he wants to be able to haul and dump at the same time (See the bolded line I added to the message you replied to above)

Aaron Z
1*He indeed did.
I want to haul stuff on the bed and tow the trailer both at the same time.
Can'd do it with a GN trailer

/ Decided to go for broke--one ton flatbed truck for tractor towing #14  

Kyle
That's the way the Eby bed was that I had. The lid was cantalvered so that it would lay right side up and flat on the bed. I have seen some beds where the lid is hinged and I did not care for the way that it was made.

The trapdoor size on the Eby was too small to use a gooseneck drop post with air bags for a better ride. That is something I will want the next time I buy a flatbed.

Re: dumping with a gooseneck. I have seen heavier class 4 and 5 trucks with a gooseneck hitch set up behind the bed far enough so that it could still raise. I guess that you could drop the trailer and dump your load. I would just as soon go with a BP.