Decision Day Tomorrow

/ Decision Day Tomorrow #1  

Dranrab

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1626 HST
I have done a significant amount of internet exploration and have visited a number of dealers just to lay eyes on things. I narrowed the field down to the most attractive candidates and negotiated prices with dealers. I have a short (or somewhat short) list of finalists. Tomorrow I will visit dealers to learn more about the machines, fire them up and exercise the controls. By the end of the day, I hope to make my purchase.

There is one variable at play that could appreciably alter the picture. I have a bum right shoulder. 5 surgeries. A total replacement with half of that artificial joint removed. I experience pain, lack of stability and weakness with my right arm extended out in front of me. At this point, I don't expect much improvement if any. Right now all the tractors on my short list are size 2 (one size above sub-compact) I have selected those because the bucket control is at the fender and I can operate it with my upper arm resting naturally at my side. If I find that I can operate a control located near the steering wheel a few more tractors enter the picture.

Prices include Tractor, Bush Hog and Box Blade. All prices are before tax and any dealer fees. Any delivery fees are inconsequential. Insurance costs are inconsequentially different.

Stop 1 will be at the JD dealer. Dealer is local at 25 miles.

JD 2025 package $20,000. 0% on all items.

Stop 2 Mahindra/Kioti dealer. Dealer is local at 12 miles.

Kioti CK2510 package $19,700. 0% on tractor. Convoluted blended rate when implements added.

Kioti CK2610 package $20,700. 0% on tractor. Convoluted blended rate when implements added.

Stop 3 Kubota dealer. Dealer is local at 25 miles.

Kubota B2601 package $18,700. 0% on all items.

Stop 4 Tym Dealer. Dealer is 50 miles away.

Tym T264 package $15,900. 5.5% on everything.

Stop 5 Yanmar Dealer. Dealer is 124 miles away. Servicing dealer is 15 miles away (they are sold out of compact Yanmars and will happily service mine.)

Yanmar SA324 package $17,400. 0% on Tractor. Implements must be paid for in cash.

IF I feel like I can get by with FEL controls beside the steering wheel, I'll end up with one of the below tractors, but I am doubtful as my shoulder is trashed.

JD 3025 package $20,000. 0 percent on everything.

Mahindra Max 26 Package $19,700. 0 percent on everything.

Kubota L2501 package $20,450. 0 percent on everything.

As you might suspect, I have found things I like about certain tractors over others. Some have cruise control, some have telescoping 3 pt arms (not real sure the advantage there) some have skid steer bucket attachments, some have 3 speed HST, etc. There are other relevant financial factors that I won't bore you with. Let's say all of the dealers seem pretty equal.

If any of you have model specific information or knowledge that you think might be useful, please let me know. If it were you, which would you choose and why? What else do I need to consider?

My thoughts as of now. On the TYM website, the 264 is describes as a sub-compact. Every spec puts is squarely in the size 2 compact range. I need to lay eyes on it. It is a great deal. I can get a tandem axle trailer and a disc with that for $18,700 all at 5.5%. The Kubota B2610 sits at the top of my list as of right now all things considered. Tractor, implements, 0% financing and insurance under one roof from arguably the best reputed brand. The JD 3025 is a great deal if I can use the FEL control comfortably.

TLDR, I know!

Thanks!

/ Decision Day Tomorrow #2  
I think you're going to favor the kioti bucket control location. I know I do.
Good luck and have fun shopping!

/ Decision Day Tomorrow #3  
Ahem... IMO the giant in the room is the CK2610. Look at the weight, dimensions, ground clearance, tire sizes, etc and notice a competent 30hp CUT with de-rated hp when you see one.

See my stats. :cool: I have comparable CUTs to these in weight, displacement, hydraulics, 3PH lift cappacity, o'all size, you name it. ;) One is a serious CUT, the other with a motor and tires fit for a ZTR. :2cents: btw, I see 0% prices reflecting a typical 8% folded into a price just either side of $18k-cash that's asked of late. (I been 'scouting' too)

Like my ~1600lb 1.1L DX26: Kubota B2601 TractorData.com Kubota B26�1 tractor dimensions information

Like my ~2400lb 1.7L NH: Kioti CK2610: TractorData.com Kioti CK261� tractor dimensions information

That said, if you have to take your tractor to deer camp in the back of a 'toy hauler' alongside a quad, then get one of the tiny ones. :confused3:

... oh, and I suggest you also test drive a > 50 hp tractor. It'll help you appreciate the agility of the larger of the CUTs you mentioned above.

/ Decision Day Tomorrow
Ahem... IMO the giant in the room is the CK2610. Look at the weight, dimensions, ground clearance, tire sizes, etc and notice a competent 30hp CUT with de-rated hp when you see one.

See my stats. :cool: I have comparable CUTs to these in weight, displacement, o'all size, you name it. ;) One is a serious CUT, the other with a motor fit for a ZTR. :2cents: btw, I see 0% prices reflecting a typical 8% folded into a price just either side of $18k-cash that's asked of late. (I been 'scouting' too)

Like my ~1600lb 1.1L DX26: Kubota B2601 TractorData.com Kubota B26�1 tractor dimensions information

Like my ~2400lb 1.7L NH: Kioti CK2610: TractorData.com Kioti CK261� tractor dimensions information

That said, if you have to take your tractor to deer camp in the back of a 'toy hauler' alongside a quad, then get one of the tiny ones. :confused3:

If price were not a consideration, I'd get the CK2610 and be done with it. I may anyway. It is pricing out right where the Kubota in that size range is pricing out and higher than the JD. That surprises me.

/ Decision Day Tomorrow #5  
Regarding the telescoping arms, my Kubota has them, it is nice when hooking up 3pt implements by myself. I can extend it if needed for a few extra inches and don't have to be lined up perfectly (sometimes I have the mower off in the grass next to the shop where it does not roll easily. When in the shop, no problem to roll it a bit if needed, but the telescoping arms are nice when I can't roll it easy..

Regarding FEL controls, I wonder if you could extend the joystick on the ones too far away to make it easier to control with your bum shoulder?

Best wishes on getting one you are happy with, I know I have been very happy with my Kubota, smiles all around when I can use it to do something.. my granddaughter even approves.

/ Decision Day Tomorrow #6  
I bought a 2025r this last February. A couple of points. The seat has arm rests and the joystick is right there. It should be comfortable for you. I added Pats easy change to mine. It’s just an easier way to hook up implements in back. JD makes an Imatch quick hitch that is really nice but adds a little over $400. JD has a quick connect bucket that is simple to use and doesn’t take away from lift capacity.

I paid 21k for mine including taxs. That was for the tractor, end loader, 60” auto connect deck and pallet forks.

/ Decision Day Tomorrow
Regarding the telescoping arms, my Kubota has them, it is nice when hooking up 3pt implements by myself. I can extend it if needed for a few extra inches and don't have to be lined up perfectly (sometimes I have the mower off in the grass next to the shop where it does not roll easily. When in the shop, no problem to roll it a bit if needed, but the telescoping arms are nice when I can't roll it easy..

Regarding FEL controls, I wonder if you could extend the joystick on the ones too far away to make it easier to control with your bum shoulder?

Best wishes on getting one you are happy with, I know I have been very happy with my Kubota, smiles all around when I can use it to do something.. my granddaughter even approves.

Thanks for ringing in about the telescoping arms. Anything to keep me from having to wrestle heavy implements around will be great. Grandkids are the best!

/ Decision Day Tomorrow
I bought a 2025r this last February. A couple of points. The seat has arm rests and the joystick is right there. It should be comfortable for you. I added Pats easy change to mine. It’s just an easier way to hook up implements in back. JD makes an Imatch quick hitch that is really nice but adds a little over $400. JD has a quick connect bucket that is simple to use and doesn’t take away from lift capacity.

I paid 21k for mine including taxs. That was for the tractor, end loader, 60” auto connect deck and pallet forks.

Thanks for the link. I like those. Is JDs quick connect for the bucket proprietary or does it work with other brands of implements as well?

/ Decision Day Tomorrow #9  
JD is propriety. You can get just about get any implement for it though. You could also add a skid steer setup for it but there is no reason to unless you have a bunch of skid steer attachments laying around.

/ Decision Day Tomorrow #10  
helluva list! narrowed my search (CUT) down to 3,

kioti CK2610. dealer hemmed and hawed around... also furthest away.

branson 2515. dealer called rep... couldn't get one til late september- october. if this tractor had been in stock... SOLD!

kubota l2501. dealer went above and beyond, got that warm fuzzy feeling. 5 star experience! multiple dealers from 30mins-1hr away.
20hrs on the clock and 0 complaints. use it primarily for FEL work, grading and lifting building material.

good luck OP!