decision just got easier

/ decision just got easier #1  

sendero

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
As I mentioned (on another forum, this is probably the correct one), I had narrowed my choices to either a Kioti or a Century. On the Kioti, I was considering the LK3054 or DK35. On the Century, the 2535 or the 3035.

I had looked at all of these in dealers near my home in Dallas, but I want to buy from a dealer near my land 65 miles away.

This Sat I visited the dealers. This simplified my decision a lot. Even though I like the Century in many ways, the dealers up there are not people I would count on being in business for long. The first dealer had been a dealer for about a month he said. When my wife mentioned R4 tires, he got a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face. This was a lawnmower shop and while they might be able to provide service, I'm just not going to depend on a dealer that has been doing it a month and clearly knows less about tractors than I do, and I don't know much /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There was another Century dealer just across the line in OKlahoma. I called and asked if they sold Centuty tractors, and the little old lady said no. 3 minutes later she called back and said yes, her husband did sell tractors and that she had been asleep. Apparantly, this guy is selling them out of his house which might be OK but again, not confidence inspiring.

On the other hand, the local Kioti dealer is a fixture in the nearby town. The have a farm store, rent and service implements and chainsaws and such, and have been there forever (decades). They have been selling Kiotis for 15 months (still pretty new, I know). The salesman was a grandson of the founder, and he talked straight and gave me a great quote.

So, more than likely, I'll be the proud owner of a DK35, "the other orange", soon!

/ decision just got easier #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So,more than likely,I'll be the proud owner of a DK 35.)</font>
Good choice.
I'm very happy with mine.
If you plan on a lot of rototilling I recommend the creeper gear option.

/ decision just got easier #3  
Is this a great forum, or what? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Less than 2 weeks ago, sendero said in his first post: "I wish I could just go buy a new one, but funds are a bit tight so I'm considering the used route. "

Now we've just about got him in a new Kioti! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ decision just got easier
Hehe - well, looking at ads I thought I could save 25% or so buying used. What I couldn't see until I visited a few 'used' dealers, was that their merchandise was well-used and sometimes pretty abused. And often less than 20% off the new price. I'm a stickler for maintenance, I will change the oil, filters, etc as instructed - some of the tractor I saw looked like they'd not been taken care of at all. Of course you can't tell by looking, but you can tell when something looks fishy, i.e. 100 hours showing on a tractor that looks like it fell off a cliff /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I haven't placed my order yet, but I'm 90% sure.

/ decision just got easier #5  
<font color="blue"> Of course you can't tell by looking, but you can tell when something looks fishy, i.e. 100 hours showing on a tractor that looks like it fell off a cliff
</font>

Maybe he only got 100 hrs on it before he fell off the cliff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ decision just got easier #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Of course you can't tell by looking, but you can tell when something looks fishy, i.e. 100 hours showing on a tractor that looks like it fell off a cliff
</font>

Maybe he only got 100 hrs on it before he fell off the cliff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I got a used lawn "tractor" years ago that HAD fallen down a steep hill, tumbled a few times on its way down! It had permanent tilt steering! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry

/ decision just got easier #7  
What about Branson? There is supposed to be a dealer in Gainesville. Isn't that near you?

SnowRidge

/ decision just got easier #8  
Hey sendero,

You didn't go far enough across the border into Oklahoma /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, though--can't blame you for going with your gut feelings--we count on that from our customers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck with your new tractor --whatever it may be.

dancce

/ decision just got easier #9  
I think you'll like that. I assume you are going to get a FEL with it.

/ decision just got easier
LOL - well, I had to put *some* kind of distance limit, I went with 30-40 miles. It might be a while before I have a trailer that will haul the thing.

As for the Branson dealer in Gainesville, yes that would be within the distance limit. I will probably give them at least a call.

And yes Bird, will be getting a 1450 FEL. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif If it weren't for the FEL, I'd have just bought an 8N or something to bush hog with /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif