Price Check Decision time B26

/ Decision time B26 #1  

missingstexas

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota ZD 326-RP
I see B26's listed on here and fliers/web ads all of the time with 700-1000+ hours on them for $26,000+. Mine is a 2009 model with less than 150 hours and a hydraulic thumb that I've posted on several local sites and I'm not getting much response at all. I honestly felt like $23,500 would be a great deal to someone that needs this kind of machine. The only responses I'm getting are folks looking at the John Deere 1 series or BX's and wondering what makes this one so expensive.

Ok now I've vented... Do you guys think that $23,500 is realistic? Should I shoot lower or not bother selling at all?

/ Decision time B26 #2  
Location, location, location. Wish I could have found one for that kind of price in my area!

/ Decision time B26 #3  
I see B26's listed on here and fliers/web ads all of the time with 700-1000+ hours on them for $26,000+. Mine is a 2009 model with less than 150 hours and a hydraulic thumb that I've posted on several local sites and I'm not getting much response at all. I honestly felt like $23,500 would be a great deal to someone that needs this kind of machine. The only responses I'm getting are folks looking at the John Deere 1 series or BX's and wondering what makes this one so expensive.

Ok now I've vented... Do you guys think that $23,500 is realistic? Should I shoot lower or not bother selling at all?

Seems like a good price to me. For many, [the problem] is they can finance for low or 0% on a new machine, so they might be more inclined to go that route.

I've had a similar experience to yours with selling some bigger ticket items (boats and such). There is a sweet spot for sure- if you have time, just let it ride at the price you have set. It usually never pays to need to unload quickly.

/ Decision time B26
I'll just sit tight for a while longer. I haven't even had an offer as of yet, just discouraging.

/ Decision time B26 #5  
MissingTexas,

I think thats a very good price and I am thinking this might be a great replacement for my B21 with only 425 hrs - so I don't need a new one - I want more lift, QA bucket, and hyd thumb!

There are several drawbacks - distance / miles related to shipping $1 or so $1700 or in that range, and second the overall height to the top of the canopy.

I think the B26 O/A height is 93" is that correct? I have 8' door on the barn and the B21 at 88" clears fine, and the opening I have is just shy of 93".

The last hurdle is a new kitchen/expansion for the significant other - I know if I bring up the B26 the kitchen will be her bartering tool - you get that and I get a new kitchen so gotta be careful about these things..

Carl

/ Decision time B26 #7  
I think that is a great price for someone. If I did not have my L3700, I would be the new owner of yours. At that price it will sell.

/ Decision time B26 #8  
Not that I'm in the market for a B26 (I just lust after them - in fact I was sitting on one today at a local dealer), but where are you advertising it? I perused Tractorhouse maybe last week and don't recall seeing any B26's for under $26K or so. Some ads just said call for the price. So, point is maybe it's not being seen by the right potential buyers???

/ Decision time B26 #9  
Carl, time to make a road trip !

This is a looong road trip 1707 miles from Jennings to where we are - but if its what MissingsTexas is representing this is a great machine.

I would have it shipped if it makes economic sense and have used Uship service for other things with great results.

Discussed with the significant other this evening and of course the cabinet door fell off in the kitchen today - broken hinge on the lazy susan door so need to repair that tonight but a new kitchen is imminent in any case.

The issue is my B21 is great, does most of what I want (neighbor has Cat 316 and excavator) so I dont "need it" - I want a B26 what can I say?

Stay tuned..

Carl

/ Decision time B26 #10  
I hear ya...... my wife is getting a new kitchen also (on the slow, pay as you go plan). Hard to complain.... I get most of what I want.