Buying Advice Decision time: l3240 vs l3700

/ Decision time: l3240 vs l3700
Sorry, now I've got it.

mail

/ Decision time: l3240 vs l3700 #22  
I am going to have him do the hydro filters and fluids for an extra 200. Are there any other fluids/mechanical items I should have him do?

I've never posted pics, but I'll give it a try. Should be delivered in about a week. How do I sleep until then? Just when my 7 month old twins were starting to let me.

Thanks to all of you who offered your 2 cents. I was leaning heavily toward the GL from the beginning, but it was good to here so many of you confirm that it was the right decision. I can't wait to get some work done. I guess I better hope the rain holds off for awhile.

Not that I can think of unless he will go over it for free and if not that will be a good opportunity to go over it when you take delivery. Sit down and read your manual, I always got mine before the tractor was delivered, so you can go over it and get right to production.

I keep spare fuel filters on hand and for what little they cost, replace them rather than clean them.

I also like the two foot air hose blower extension from TSC to get in and blow debris from the radiator, oil cooler etc. I use a leaf blower if I am away from the shop.

I believe you will really like it, my wife and I looked at one, but decided we needed a bigger tractor with our acreage and as an adjunct to our Case CX 80 which was recently replaced with an M8540, so we got the L5030.

Not that I can think of unless he will go over it for free and if not that will be a good opportunity to go over it when you take delivery. Sit down and read your manual, I always got mine before the tractor was delivered, so you can go over it and get right to production.

I keep spare fuel filters on hand and for what little they cost, replace them rather than clean them.

I also like the two foot air hose blower extension from TSC to get in and blow debris from the radiator, oil cooler etc. I use a leaf blower if I am away from the shop.

I believe you will really like it, my wife and I looked at one, but decided we needed a bigger tractor with our acreage and as an adjunct to our Case CX 80 which was recently replaced with an M8540, so we got the L5030.

Thanks for the tips. Do I need to use Kubota fuel, oil, and air filters or can I look for a Napa Gold equivalent?

/ Decision time: l3240 vs l3700 #24  
Thanks for the tips. Do I need to use Kubota fuel, oil, and air filters or can I look for a Napa Gold equivalent?

Oh man, you are trying to get me slammed. There are threads after threads on this and I am most often the odd man out. I personally see nothing magical about Kubota fluids as they are contracted out to Ashland Oil and have used a variety of different fluids/lubricants in our tractors. I always use high quality stuff, but name brand has never been really important to me as I have been sold New Holland as well as Case branded lubricants by different Kubota dealers.

I realize some think Kubota fluids/lubricants contain "pixie dust" and "unicorn tears" (taken from another poster), but i am not one of them.

Check with your dealer and use what makes him happy and does not void your warranty.

Good luck.

Oh man, you are trying to get me slammed. There are threads after threads on this and I am most often the odd man out. I personally see nothing magical about Kubota fluids as they are contracted out to Ashland Oil and have used a variety of different fluids/lubricants in our tractors. I always use high quality stuff, but name brand has never been really important to me as I have been sold New Holland as well as Case branded lubricants by different Kubota dealers.

I realize some think Kubota fluids/lubricants contain "pixie dust" and "unicorn tears" (taken from another poster), but i am not one of them.

Check with your dealer and use what makes him happy and does not void your warranty.

Good luck.

I think that means I picked exactly the right person to ask. I thought only AMSOIL had the pixie and unicorn market cornered.

My dealer is a thousand miles away and the 2008 l3240 has about 15 minutes of warantee left, so I figure I'm free to do what I want. I know WIX filters are good, and I think they make NAPAs. I have heard Kubota filters have a magnet but I'm pretty sure that was just the hydro.

Last edited: