Deck Belt on CC2554 Keeps Slipping Off

/ Deck Belt on CC2554 Keeps Slipping Off #1  

cager

Tractor
2005 CC 2554
Hoping someone can shed some light on this situation for me...(sorry for this post being so lengthy).
I own a '05 CC2554 (shaft drive)...about 130 hours. Yesterday (4/13) while mowing...the belt from the engine to the deck broke. I checked the belt for wear and tear but didn't find any weak spots...the fact this belt broke puzzled me as I have not done any adjustments of any kind. So...I put a new belt on. That was yesterday. Today (4/14/) I started mowing again and when I shut the machine down...the deck belt (different from the engine to deck belt) slipped off. I'm really puzzled now. The first 130 hours on this machine as been trouble free. Now...two different belt problems...one broke and the other slipped off a spindle when the pto is dis-engaged. There does not seem to be any belt problem when engaging the PTO...just when I dis-engage. I took the spindle covers off and noticed that when dis-engaged...the belt seemed to flap around enough to slip off a spindle. I checked all the spindles, idler arm, etc, and all moved freely. I double checked the belt routing twice and it is correct. All the spindles and other grease fittings are routinely greased. I have the throttle wide open when engaging and dis-engaging the PTO. I just can't figure out why all of a sudden two different belts are creating a problem.
Could the breakage of the engine to deck belt have created some mal-adjustments to the deck causing the deck belt to begin slipping off upon dis-engaging the PTO? Idler arm issue? Operator error?
Its frustrating and I'm mowing my yard twice a week and my parents yard twice a week. Cannot afford to be without my mower now of all times.
Any suggestions or insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

/ Deck Belt on CC2554 Keeps Slipping Off #2  
Verify all the deck pullies are in the same plane. An idler or tensioner can get bent out of whack. When my 2544 was new, the PTO belt jumped off upon engagement. All I could figure at the time was I either had the deck full up or full down (don't remember). Those positions throw the plane of the pullies off a bit. Try starting/stopping the deck somewhere in the middle. I also installed the PTO belt wrong twice, where it was twisted such that the flat side was riding in one of the idler sheaves under the front bumper. The belt popped off, jambed and took a big chunk out of it! I'm still using that belt 60+hrs later. The 54" deck is roughest on belts. That's a lot of deck to power.

Joel

/ Deck Belt on CC2554 Keeps Slipping Off
Thanks for the feedback JTKub...I'll check the plane positions and do some stop/go at different deck height positions.