Deck for JD LT180

/ Deck for JD LT180 #1  

nshelm

Hi, I plan on buying a new JD LT180. The dealer says I have three deck choices, freedom 42 mulcher, 42C, and 48C. The dealer also says that the 48 inch deck requires the powerflow bagger. I will most likely bag with either convertible deck and am not sure I want to spend the extra money for a powerflow bagger. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

/ Deck for JD LT180 #2  
The 48"C deck will require the "PowerFlo" $$$ blower assisted bagger setup. Question is ......do you need the 48" deck or will the 42" be adequate? If you have one acre or less to mow then the 42"C deck will be fine and it only needs the standard non-assisted bagger setup which is half the price. The difference will be about $200 more for the 48"C deck and $350 more for the "PowerFlo" bagger. I have a 42"C deck and use the standard non-assisted bagger.........it works excellent even in the fall to pick up leaves. Excellent suction which stands up the grass for a really nice cut. Also, I used to have a machine with the blower assisted bagger. It's a big pain to deal with everytime you want to pull the deck for cleaning or maintenance etc.....

The 42" "Freedom" deck is a >>DEDICATED<< mulching deck. The ONLY thing it does is mulch......no bagging and no side discharge. It does, however, do a fabulous job mulching.

Hope this helps.

Bob