Mowing Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy #1  

Boris1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740HTSC FEL-RTVX1120 Camo-JDX540
Has anyone repaired these before and how? The pipe section seems to be egged out causing a lot of play. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

IMG_5818.JPG

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy #2  
I think cutting it off and welding a new piece on would be easiest. Next up would be drilling and welding in a bushing. I’ve seen them with a lot of slop and it doesn’t hurt anything.

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy #3  
If the bushing slugs cant be punched out and replaced with something else, I'd just weld a few washers on top and bottom. This presumes that the caster wheel tang is not roached out, too. Then I'd buy a grease gun.

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy
If the bushing slugs cant be punched out and replaced with something else, I'd just weld a few washers on top and bottom. This presumes that the caster wheel tang is not roached out, too. Then I'd buy a grease gun.

I like the washer idea. I bought it like this (1178 hours), now trying to fix little stuff like this. Actually pretty good shape considering. Thanks for the input.

IMG_2267.JPG

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy #5  
The washer idea won’t last very long. It wobbled out 2-2.5 inches of steel now you expect the thickness of 2 washers to hold it?

The washer idea won’t last very long. It wobbled out 2-2.5 inches of steel now you expect the thickness of 2 washers to hold it?

All the play is in the bottom part so 2 thick washers doubled up on the bottom would be a sufficient temp fix imo. But will investigate the cut and replace option as well. Thanks

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy #7  
Mine are a little wobbly on my zd331 also. What size deck is yours?

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy #8  
The washer idea won稚 last very long. It wobbled out 2-2.5 inches of steel now you expect the thickness of 2 washers to hold it?

It did not wobble out 2-2.5 inches of steel. There are flanged sintered bushing inserts punched into the ends of the guide tube. Replacement parts 832260. Either buy the service replacements or fab your own. Heck, a piece of water pipe would probably do until you can mill out a whole new mower deck from a slab of titanium or better yet: that 8' 3D printer you will need to buy before you dare mow your lawn.

Or just pound out the old ones, shove in the new ones and take the rest of the day off. My Rural King has them in the bins. similar to JD M83541 (need 4 with JD instead of 2 with Kubota.)

/ Deck wheel mount worn / sloppy #9  
Has anyone repaired these before and how? The pipe section seems to be egged out causing a lot of play. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

View attachment 568442

Puzzled here.

Is there no grease fitting?

The gage wheel spindles on my Kubota 60" MMM have grease fittings which I grease after about every other use.

After nearly 25 years they are as good as new.

SDT