deckover vs lowboy for skid steer?

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
Will a deckover gooseneck be ok to load a skid steer on and off or a lowboy be better

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #2  
Either should be OK as long as your ramp configuration is OK. My buddy has a deckover and he had to modify the ramps as the deckover was too high.

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #3  
deckover GN or deckover bumper pull?

a low boy 14' cronkhite is like the classic standard skid steer trailer..

100_1482.jpg

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #4  
Will a deckover gooseneck be ok to load a skid steer on and off or a lowboy be better

Deckover will be fine. Most likely will have to back on which takes some getting used to.

What are you towing and what with? GN might be a bit of overkill for a SS.

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #5  
If your talking about a regular skid steer like a Bobcat or similar unit in the 6-8 thousand pound weight range a tag along trailer like the one pictured will be fine. A deckover will work also but you may have a little steeper angle to load and unload it.

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #6  
GN might be a bit of overkill for a SS.

depends on the SS ....

5500lb S130
vs
10,000lb ASV 100
vs
12,000lb takeuchi 250 with a 3000lb mulching head

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #7  
depends on the SS ....

5500lb S130
vs
10,000lb ASV 100
vs
12,000lb takeuchi 250 with a 3000lb mulching head

Deckover will be fine. Most likely will have to back on which takes some getting used to.

What are you towing and what with? GN might be a bit of overkill for a SS

:thumbsup:

ps. Taki & ASV don't build SS. ;):D

Last edited:
   / deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #8  
Since were talking about larger Takeuchi compact track loaders (and, what the heck, TB175 mini excavator too), which trailer would follow the tow vehicle around sharp corners better? I've been using GN trailers, but I think I'm going to go with a pintle hitch dual tandem equipment trailer. It seems that the bumper (pintle) hitch follows the tow vehicle around corners better. True, or an illusion?

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #9  
Since were talking about larger Takeuchi compact track loaders (and, what the heck, TB175 mini excavator too), which trailer would follow the tow vehicle around sharp corners better? I've been using GN trailers, but I think I'm going to go with a pintle hitch dual tandem equipment trailer. It seems that the bumper (pintle) hitch follows the tow vehicle around corners better. True, or an illusion?

The bumper pull will more closely follow the path of the truck, the GN will tend to cut corners more. Now if I'm in a tight spot and would like to turn around, I'd rather have the GN. I can turn my 28' GN around on a normal width street, with the BP I'm backing out.

Brian

/ deckover vs lowboy for skid steer? #10  

If you are used to a GN I think you will hate the pintle hitch, especially behind a pickup.